Author Topic: DE Flipper Board issue  (Read 314 times)

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
DE Flipper Board issue
« on: January 05, 2015, 12:09:44 PM »
Guys,

The right hand flipper on my DE TMNT machine just started to play up in that it won't hold up.  Plenty of power in the initial strike but then it drops back down straight away.

I have tested the machine with another flipper board and there were no problems so I am very confident the fault is with the TMNT flipper board.

Hold fuse is good.  Fuse clips are good with no dry joints.

Diode at D1 tests good.  Large diodes at D4 and D5 test good.  TIP36C tests good.  TIP32C which I believe controls the hold power tests good but I replaced it anyway just in case without any success.  The trace around the TIP32C was damaged and I am confident that I soldered the new TIP32C back in well enough so as to not create any issues.

Finally I also reflowed the solder on pin 7 of CN2 which is the right hand hold pin.

Any thoughts or ideas as to what else I can test or replace?

Thanks.
Addicted to pins.

Offline VanillaSlicePie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: DE Flipper Board issue
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 09:21:26 PM »
I would check the tacks for continuity after any components have been replaced for starters. Also look at the hold winding wire on the coil. Its the thin wire. Usually the wire has broken away from one of the solder lugs. And if the cabinet switch opto boards are swapped and the problem stops-opto boards need replacing. Hope this helps.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
Re: DE Flipper Board issue
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 10:07:53 PM »
Thanks.  No hold wire on this style of DE flipper, it is all controlled by the boards. 
Addicted to pins.