Author Topic: 1980 Bally Space Invaders Cleanup  (Read 6023 times)

Offline goodolddays

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
Re: 1980 Bally Space Invaders Cleanup
« Reply #135 on: February 07, 2012, 06:11:32 PM »
 I am pretty stoked with the results given I'd never touched a pinnie previously.  

You have done an absolutely outstanding job and I had forgotten that this was your 1st resto attempt.  ^^^

As you know , all the $$ and hours are worth it when you can admire the results any time you like .

Congratulations on an excellent 1st restore effort . ^^^

I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #136 on: February 07, 2012, 10:21:23 PM »
Wow great job, really looks great ^^^

Looking at pictures Hankin Empire Strikes Back was a pretty blatant copy of this game
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2012, 01:37:16 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys.  Not sure what I'll do next.  I still need to finish the 2nd Spacies that I have and I am due to get my fully hotrodded T2 very soon from el-Timbo, so I may just sit back and enjoy these things for a while. 

Work space is an issue and the missus was getting the shits a little with my taking over the whole double garage (needlessly) so I am seriously thinking about knocking down my 3x3m shed and putting up a bigger shed in my backyard just so I will have some room to fiddle around.  During this whole process, I was just astounded by how much time and effort goes into these processes.  It really is allot of work (and that's just me doing an amateur job).  But I have really enjoyed it.  I am even looking at some of those pool room type studios for the backyard can you believe it!  Would cost allot but I have a huge backyard, and a dedicated room would look great - not into those oversized outta place looking garages

I would really love an old late 70's - early 80's cocktail table next....I have all the mame's on an Xbox1 but it just aint the same

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #138 on: February 08, 2012, 01:42:46 PM »
A special thanks to Nino, who provided me with allot of guidance on some issues I was having and general questions.  He tirelessly returned every email inquiry quickly with great advice.  A really really invaluable resource on this forum.  Thanks again Nino

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #139 on: February 08, 2012, 02:22:02 PM »
A special thanks to Nino, who provided me with allot of guidance on some issues I was having and general questions.  He tirelessly returned every email inquiry quickly with great advice.  A really really invaluable resource on this forum.  Thanks again Nino

no problems Jase, thanks for the kind words  ^^^ It is a pleasure to see the machine finished - a fine effort.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #140 on: February 25, 2013, 11:24:52 AM »
Hi all - someone PM'd me quite a while ago asking me if they could grab any used parts from this Space Invaders restore as they had a machine and wanted spare parts.  I have deleted the PM by mistake.  If that person contacts me, I'll see what I can do as I have allot of spare parts etc
Thanks

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #141 on: February 25, 2013, 01:09:55 PM »
PM sent
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals