Author Topic: fast internet plan / reasonable price  (Read 558 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
fast internet plan / reasonable price
« on: May 16, 2010, 03:49:12 PM »
I rang telstra to have a winge about my slow internet speed, i knew i had gone over my 12 gig limit and my account had been shaped (slowed to 64k) but i was only getting 34k speed. They informed me that i was out of contract so i told them i will be going else where for my adsl broad band. Originally I was on a $79.95 plan with 25gig a month @ 1500k download speed. I then changed to the $69 (12gig a month) plan to save a few dollars. So they informed me of their latest offer $49 a month for 25gig @ 20,000k download speed.

here is the link if anyone is interested http://www.bigpond.com/internet/plans/adsl/latest-offer/

just thought i would pass it on. you must be out of contract which sort of sucks for a lot of people
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Bennyfactor

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Butler, Perth
  • Soon, soon...
Re: fast internet plan / reasonable price
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 05:18:44 PM »
i hate telstra, it just stuns me that their competitors can offer more generous plans for cheaper and provide better service even though they have to rent their equipment off telstra  ^.^
on the plus side, that is a pretty reasonable offer you've signed up to beaky :)

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 06:04:42 PM »
i hate telstra, it just stuns me that their competitors can offer more generous plans for cheaper and provide better service even though they have to rent their equipment off telstra  ^.^
on the plus side, that is a pretty reasonable offer you've signed up to beaky :)

+1
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 06:18:49 PM »
Andy (Beaky), that $49 per month Telstra deal excludes phone rental etc right ?  !@# and is it limited to 25 Gigs download per month.
I also see they say "up to" 20,000kbps, network dependant. theres the rub. yes, i dislike telstra immensely.lol  when u do a sppeed test, what is it coming back at ? I would be interested to see, but i know your exchange is older than my local one, so u might get reasonable speed, subject to capacity/congestion ?

I just looked at the deal i have with AAPT per month. They guarrantee 90 percent minimum of the 1500 speed or you dont pay. My AAPT deal isnt the worlds best, but the best i could get for my suburb, which is mostly brand new homes.

I pay $79 per month - Unlimited Download at 1500 kbps.
I pay $29 per month phone rental, which includes $40 of calls-local
My total is $109 per month.

I wish it was $$$ Nothing.lol,  but it was the best deal I could get in my suburb since Telstra kept telling us that there was no broadband service available due to capacity issues. We tried wireless with Vodafone and Telstra but it was unusable.
So, I am stuck with $109 per month. At least I can get on the net with next to no issues 90 percent of the time.  !@#
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 06:39:19 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Bennyfactor

• Forum Posts:
  • Butler, Perth
  • Soon, soon...
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 06:41:18 PM »
urgh
don't even get me started on AAPT, cave
i was with them for phone and internet a few years back and after 4 months in a row where they added $100+ excess charges to my account (which i then had to call and query when i got each bill, before they would be refunded on the next bill) I'll never go back
in the end I had to get consumer affairs to deal with them on my behalf  ^.^

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 07:46:38 PM »
Internode is the only way to go for internet - don't take my word for it (even though I have been with them for a couple of years) do an internet search and you will find they come up trumps on every techie chat site.

They beat all the others hands down - price - speed - service - accounting etc etc
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Chad

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 07:54:49 PM »
if you want to bundle your home phone & internet, for $99 per month @ iprimus you get 21g @ ADSL2 speeds, including phone rental, all mobile calls, all local calls & national calls, only catch is you can incur a maximum $30 excess usage charge

also optus has similar plans called optus fusion, but be careful because their excess usage charge can be up to $300

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
optus fusion plans

my plan gets 30gig, all local, long distance, calls to optus mobiles, line rental

110 a month, does our family of five just fine

Offline Bennyfactor

• Forum Posts:
  • Butler, Perth
  • Soon, soon...
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 10:10:44 PM »
naked dsl and voip is not a bad option if you're looking to save money
no line rental, plus most voip options have local and national calls either free or 10c untimed

I've got cable and voip through engin and my phone bills are around $20 or less a month, with $55 a month in internet fees on top of that
only caveats are that if your internet is down your phone is down (but we've got mobiles so we're never uncontactable)
and if you're cranking the up/downloads it can affect call quality

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2010, 07:40:23 AM »
Agree with naked ADSL + voip is the way to go.  I can't get the best deal as we can't get ADSL 2+ where i am.

But a couple of mates have signed up with mynetfone :
ADSL 2+ (up to 20 000 MBPS), 10GB + voip for $39.95 (have ot be a member of whirlpool forum, takes 2 mins to sign up)
YOu can pay another $20 and get 60 gigs for more downloads.
Best bit is, there are no line rental fees

With voip, our home phone bills are usually around $6/month

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2010, 11:40:50 AM »
Thanks Beaky for the Tip
I have Home Line,Mobile and Internet (ADSL2 - 12GB $69 PM)with Telstra
Wasnt sure if I was still under contract - so I rang, Didnt seem to make any difference.
Was able to get the 24GB $49 deal, Saves me about $10 PM and I get an extra 12 GB
 worth ringing them if youre unsure.
pinballaustralia.com

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2010, 08:58:17 PM »
Thanks Beaky for the Tip
I have Home Line,Mobile and Internet (ADSL2 - 12GB $69 PM)with Telstra
Wasnt sure if I was still under contract - so I rang, Didnt seem to make any difference.
Was able to get the 24GB $49 deal, Saves me about $10 PM and I get an extra 12 GB
 worth ringing them if youre unsure.
no probs
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline 48

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
An onya to Beaky #*#
Got the better half to ring up today and organise my $20 a month off.
Thanks mate!
Lets go Brandon!

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 01:56:37 AM »
An onya to Beaky #*#
Got the better half to ring up today and organise my $20 a month off.
Thanks mate!
^^^