Author Topic: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones  (Read 26749 times)

Offline Brunswick Brawler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Australia
Re: Stern Announces - Game Of Thrones
« Reply #120 on: October 11, 2015, 08:51:43 PM »
Premium looks much better. I'm glad Stern are listening to pinheads. Early indications were that collectors and operators were not placing orders due to the bland artwork package.

I've just picked up that the Premium has a different colour playfield.  I don't think Stern have ever had different colour schemes on play fields across Pro/Premium/LE.  Yes, undoubtedly Stern have done this in response to player and operator feedback.

I agree that that Premium playfield and cabinet artwork looks better than LE and Pro.  It backs my first impression in seeing Tron, that deep blue is the best looking colour on a pinball machine.  What would you think of Tron if it were mostly yellow?

The deep blue on GOT Premium makes for an easy assessment of the affect that deep blue has.  GOT playfield artwork should be yellow to suit the sandy terrain that it is trying to depict, but even though deep blue makes no sense (deep blue stone wall above the flippers - it should be yellow 'sandstone' colour), though it's wrong but looks much better than the yellow.

...When you need a quick fix to pinball artwork, make it deep blue! ^^^
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 08:55:02 PM by Brunswick Brawler »