Author Topic: HRP Fishtales Restoration  (Read 6097 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: HRP Fishtales Restoration
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2011, 09:21:12 PM »
 %)% Scott, you are a very lucky man, it is a beautiful piece of art  *%*

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2011, 10:31:49 PM »
What do u mean u wont lend me your fishtales for 12 months.  %.% %.% %.%

Every member who borrows it promises to drop it back.  *%* *%* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

I would be scared to play it.

** one question , has it got std factory bulbs etc, or did Timbo use LEDS ?

Cavey  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 11:18:30 AM »
Outstanding and inspirational work, Timbo !

I really like the personalization with the instruction card (build number), the documentation envelope and the sign on the backbox. The felt on the headbox brackets is also a finer detail that is a great idea.

From the pictures, it is the best Fishtales I've ever seen. Lucky owner  ^^^
"lucky owner" sure am, very proud to own a piece of Timbo's work :) Any questions about the machine or the process (except costs) I would be happy to answer. scotttye@bigpond.com

%)% and Congrats on owning the best Fishtales in the civilized world  %.%
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Scotty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 11:43:37 AM »
What do u mean u wont lend me your fishtales for 12 months.  %.% %.% %.%

Every member who borrows it promises to drop it back.  *%* *%* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.* *.*

I would be scared to play it.

** one question , has it got std factory bulbs etc, or did Timbo use LEDS ?

Cavey  ^^^
STD bulbs, LEDs don't transport well, already have heaps of cointaker LEDs ready to go
Since69

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 02:05:36 PM »
Personally, I would leave the standard bulbs, just so i could see n play the machine the way it was designed to first be seen as it came off the production line (lighting wise).

Also, if u do decide to do the full LED treatment, contact Andrew (Beaky) member here who has the special roms avail that will take care of the LED ghosting. Andrew tested the anti LED ghosting roms in both my fishtales and in my Star Trek Next Gen and it makes a big difference.

I dont have LEDs in either, but for testing purposes we added some LEDS to check the effectiveness of the anti ghosting rom and there was a very big difference.
I wouldnt LED a fishtales without the update rom which will cost you next to nothing.

cheers. Brett
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 02:41:38 PM by Caveoftreasures »

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Scotty

• Forum Posts:
  • Scone, NSW 2337
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 08:37:57 PM »
Personally, I would leave the standard bulbs, just so i could see n play the machine the way it was designed to first be seen as it came off the production line (lighting wide).

Also, if u do decide to do the full LED treatment, contact Andrew (Beaky) member here who has the special roms avail that will take care of the LED ghosting. Andrew tested the anti LED ghosting roms in both my fishtales and in my Star Trek Next Gen and it makes a big difference.

I dont have LEDs in either, but for testing purposes we added some LEDS to check the effectiveness of the anti ghosting rom and there was a very big difference.
I wouldnt LED a fishtales without the update rom which will cost you next to nothing.

cheers. Brett
Yes i agree, i dont really want to touch it, i like the look of the warm natural light also, and with the polished stainless the reflection should be blinding.
Since69

Offline Jango

• Forum Posts:

Offline RottyGuy

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2012, 08:50:38 PM »
Looks like the HRP Fishtales is now for sale

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Williams-Fishtales-Pinball-Machine-New-/221130737660?pt=AU_CoinOp&hash=item337c6b47fc#ht_500wt_922

Stunning, but no FT is worth those $$$ unless you have more money than sense. Still, those people/buyers are out there. Seller might get lucky.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 08:52:21 PM by RottyGuy »

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2012, 09:26:18 PM »
average fishtales with faded cabinet n good everything else is apx $2500.
add full set cabinet details $300, add labour to do job properly $500, machine now owes you $3300

then add brand new ramps $300, then add lots of new other bits n pieces $200 , now machine owes you $3800 and thats what a machine with the above stuff usually sells on ebay for in general nice condition.

$5100 minus $3800 is $1300 difference. Would I pay the extra $1300, making it a total of $5100 and buy that HRP brand new Fishtales, YES, all day long cause its been clearcoated and everything is like brand new.

I reckon its worth $5100 no problems at all. Its like brand new and possibly the best Fishtales in the world !  Thats how I look at it.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:58 PM »
If you love Fishtails and have seen Tims work, then $5,100.00 is something of a bargain. Good luck to the seller, I know the buyer when he comes along will be happy.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline rads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2012, 10:25:35 PM »
Tim does awesome work.  I have first hand experience. There is a point where you overspend on a title and this is it.  I cant see how you woud pay 5k+ for a FT

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 10:30:53 PM »
Tim does awesome work.  I have first hand experience. There is a point where you overspend on a title and this is it.  I cant see how you woud pay 5k+ for a FT

No doubt so for most. But a $2k base game is going to take $3k plus to get to this stage. As I said, for a FT lover.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline RottyGuy

• Forum Posts:
  • QLD
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 11:25:06 PM »
average fishtales with faded cabinet n good everything else is apx $2500.
add full set cabinet details $300, add labour to do job properly $500, machine now owes you $3300

then add brand new ramps $300, then add lots of new other bits n pieces $200 , now machine owes you $3800 and thats what a machine with the above stuff usually sells on ebay for in general nice condition.

$5100 minus $3800 is $1300 difference. Would I pay the extra $1300, making it a total of $5100 and buy that HRP brand new Fishtales, YES, all day long cause its been clearcoated and everything is like brand new.

I reckon its worth $5100 no problems at all. Its like brand new and possibly the best Fishtales in the world !  Thats how I look at it.

No way do FT sell for $3800 on ebay. I sold my FT for $2800. It had no cab fade at all, playfield with no wear, no broken plastics and all ramps great condition.
I love FT. It's one of my favourite games, but no way would i spend $5000 on any FT regardless of who has restored it.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 11:29:55 PM »
a fully redecalled machine, with excellent everything, new legs, new coindoor, new ramps, new plastics does sell for $3500 to $3800 often.

a machine with original decals, even with colour, original ramps n coindoor etc etc will not get the same money. $2800 was probably around the money with original cabinet decals.

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 11:44:47 PM »
Stunning game shame he has to sell it.

Peter