Author Topic: WINNING $250,000 A YEAR X 4 YEARS  (Read 271 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WINNING $250,000 A YEAR X 4 YEARS
« on: February 24, 2010, 01:56:37 PM »
IMAGINE WINNING A SCRATCHY WITH THE PRIZE BEING $250,000.00 A YEAR FOR A 4 YEAR PERIOD AND ENDING UP WITH 1 MILLION DOLLARS.

WHAT PINBALL MACHINES WOULD YOU BUY WITH THAT CASH ?

Well, this morning my wife and i went to the newsagency and she bought a scratchie. I have never done the scratchie thing cause i have always had crappy luck and believe hard work is the only way I will ever get a dollar.

My wife said she was feeling lucky so I said go to your hearts content. She gave me this scratchie and said if u scratch the same picture three times, you win what is in the bottom box.  So I scratched the bottom prize box first and the prize said "SET FOR LIFE" $250,000.00 PER YEAR FOR 4 YEARS.

I thought cool. All i have to do now is scratch three of the same symbol.  i said to myself, Yeh right, as if.

I then scratched three of the same symbol and start yelling and carrying on like an idiot cause I believed 1 million percent i had just won.
My wife checked the ticket and said sorry darling, I read you the wrong rules. My wife then starting laughing at me like I was a crazy man.

I HONESTLY THOUGHT I HAD WON THE MILLION. I have decided not to talk to my wife for a week.lol
COULD YOU IMAGINE HOW YOU WOULD ACT IF U REALLY THOUGHT YOU JUST WON 1 MILLION DOLLARS. THATS WHAT I DID. LOL

But for that fleeting 10 seconds, I had a picture in my head of 10 Twilight Zones, a dozen Addams Familys, and every other pinball machine being unloaded by the 50's off a semi trailer.   I HATE FRIGGIN SCRATCHYS. DOH !   @.@ @.@
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 02:01:07 PM by caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Ford Fairlane

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Yass
Re: WINNING $250,000 A YEAR X 4 YEARS
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 02:11:45 PM »
 %.% thats harsh, i bet i would jump up and down like a fool too. Id think about the house i would build to house a very new collection that i would acquire  $#$

Offline ktm450

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 04:06:38 PM »
  %.% Pisser  %.%
I would buy one of every Williams/Bally pin made in the 90s

Offline ajlaird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 09:52:11 PM »
More details required - was this a real ticket or a fake one that she pretended to buy?

Or did you have to scratch three of a certain picture rather then just three of a picture??

Hmmm, I would pay off the mortgage, invest most of the money and buy a pin every 6 months with the interest/investment earnings.

RFM, Apollo13, POTC, a basketball pin and Cue Ball Wizard would be the first few.

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »
wow what a bugger mate  !!!

mate you could have been SET FOR LIFE

100 pins would only get rid of $200 - $250k
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
It was a real ticket. It said i had to scratch 3of the same thing to win.

I showed Daniel (DDSTOYS) the ticket when he and his lovely wife and young bloke called past today and said hello. (nice people)

Man, it would have been bloody nice to win that million.  @.@

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »
poor bastard I feel for ya.

Had a similar thing happen me. Met my wife and thought her family was loaded.......um wrong   %.% and have been working like a dog ever since.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 08:07:00 AM »
hey cavey you allready have enough  @.@ ....better I scratch the mill!
 *)*

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:36:34 PM »
once my missus played a crossword scratchie and she thought she won $100K, when she handed it to me to check (i didn't believe she had one anything) The poor girl mistook an M for an N.
It took me half an hour to convince her that it was not a winning ticket.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)