Author Topic: Wizard Modes  (Read 201 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Wizard Modes
« on: August 01, 2010, 12:34:49 AM »
Interested to hear what you consider are the best and worst wizard modes out there. Maybe you think wizard modes should be left out of games.

My favourites are TZ for just sheer flipping mayhem and RFM for the graphics and shot making and the P2000 extra button presses to line up targets to complete it. Never can get a great score on the RFM wizard mode as it takes me too long to complete.

The worst is a toss up between Star Wars episode 1 for sheer fact its after 4 missions and not much to it and Theatre of Magic because again its not that interesting; just make any shot to add to lighting Theatre of Magic.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Wizard Modes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 12:54:49 AM »

YOU

RULE

THE

UNIVERSE!

FIVE

BILLION!
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 08:52:40 AM »
South Park has 2 wizard modes, but I am yet to complete them.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2010, 10:22:13 AM »
Stargate has 2 Wizard modes that can be reached, either by completing the chevrons (can be hard especially "Hurry Up" mode, which really makes you have to, um, hurry with your shot) or completing the tasks, a different wizard mode for each. There is also a random mode that some consider a wizard mode. That is Sandstorm and can be awarded with a left side shot behind the guard (rarely awarded that way) or "bought" by trading your Quartz.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2010, 10:30:05 AM »
So far one wizard mode has been found on the x-files :lol and it looks pretty cool on the you-tube vid,i will get there one day.

Offline indazone gav

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 12:34:33 PM »
CV with home rom has an awesome multi-stage wizard mode ^^^

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 10:58:42 AM »
Theatre of magic is definately the lamest I have seen.

TZ is a great 'mode' but too easy to get to.

Wh20 is the best I have achieved, hard to get to, love when the machine shuts down then just goes nuts flipping iteslf and running through all the displays, first time I got it was a big suprise.

Offline slammer

• Forum Posts:
  • Bendigo Victoria
  • Aussie Pinball - No bullshit, just pinball
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 08:15:59 PM »
Midnight madness on Junkyard is out of wack, shutting the whole machine down and going off its head