Author Topic: Iron Man - various pinball mods.  (Read 35881 times)

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Ironman pinball mods.
« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 08:25:55 PM »
Here is a mod that I did a little bit of work on today,

1. bought a spare Iron Monger from RTBB for $22, so at least I have one good unit to go back in if needed or if I stuff up this mod

2. drilled a 2 mm pivot drill right through the centre (arc reactor) of his chest from the front to the back

3. then opened up right through with about a 8mm drill (first the whole arc reactor section and including the next outer ring because I did make a little mistake) all depends how much you want the globe to stick out really - so start small and go to suit your personal liking of the globe.

4. then drill the back out to 13mm roughly half way through to allow clearance for the globe holder fitting (Note: take care as the drill wants to pull through to the front and possible out the front of the iron monger wrecking the look so be careful).

5. then the light fitting, I buggered up the first light fitting in modifying so persisted with the mod with a crappy old bulb holder (which will be replaced soon). Screwed the light bracket to his arse to keep the globe forward to the chest hole. Used a blue frosted led into a extended globe holder with 2 temp wires connected to a 6 volt battery pack just to test for the photo and to check that it looks ok.

6. next minor challenge is to work out how the original monger unit comes out

7. and then lastly connect the new wires to a close GI lighting - which I will update once I work it out how with some photos.

What do you reckon DAZ?

photo 1 - front of iron monger with globe
photo 2 - back of iron monger with globe fitting
photo 3 - iron monger lit up via a battery pack
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts