Author Topic: Jet Skis  (Read 1527 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Jet Skis
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 08:27:26 AM »
I have seen too many knobs riding these at speed around swimmers and board riders like they own the ocean to know the majority are moronic individuals.

So the answer , these days , is actually really simple.
Instead of WRONGLY branding ALL jet - skiers as 'knobs' and 'moronic individuals' and the classic 'aqua bogans' - get your mobile phone out and photo or video the ACTUAL KNOBS , get the rego number in shot and also write it down and send it off to the authorities - that way the KNOBS will slowly get taken off the water and the decent riders will remain.

But alas, most people who complain and whinge about are just too damn lazy to take the few minutes to do something like this, and then just keep ( incorrectly ) complaining about ALL jet - skiers  #@#

Post the video at Youtube and put a link here for us too, in this thread - I look forward to seeing some future images and video of these 'lunatics' as there are apparently so many of them then some of us should find it dead simple to get some footage within the next week

DW Drums rule !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 08:45:46 AM »
End of the day, it doesn't matter what sport, hobby, business, organisation or whatever, there will always be the 1%'ers that are simply dicks and ruin things for the people doing the right thing and enjoying themselves.  There are plenty of people in boats that do the wrong thing as well as boardriders who surf too close to swimmers or venture into the flags. 

There is a time and place for everything and from my experience it is the younger guys out there who don't realise this and simply don't have the life experience and maturity to comprehend it.
Addicted to pins.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
The moment we saw someone doing something unsafe, we didnt wait for the law, we acted ourselves. Everyone has a interest to keep all of the waterways safe.

As did we mate  ^^^

I'm sure you guys could handle those 20 mullet heads with your ex green beret skills or failing that your charming personalities and dry wit.  *%*

When was the last time you told a group of low foreheads to stop doing something stupid and irresponsible in public and what was the reaction you received from them? Response F.O.Y.C.

The force of authority and hitting them in the hip pocket is the only thing these morons respond to since it typically means they need to go back and do overtime at work to pay for it.

Don't need to video them when the marine patrol can witness their behaviour firsthand and fine them on the spot accordingly. Plus it puts a stop to their behaviour INSTANTLY rather than receiving a fine in the mail 3 weeks later - much like a hidden speed camera it sort of defeats the purpose to curb someone's behaviour at that point in time when the offender is only KNOWINGLY penalised AFTER the fact.

There are way too many of these types (Generation Y?) emerging in society that have developed an overinflated sense of entitlement/unwarranted self importance and their behaviour and attitude in public is a reflection of this. A financial penalty is one of the best ego-deflaters that exists since it effects one of the few things in life they hold of value.

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2013, 12:33:12 PM »
"When was the last time you told a group of low foreheads to stop doing something stupid and irresponsible in public"

Absolutely I did !

And nearly got my mouth smacked in on a few occassions for it but at the time , the importance of keeping the ( at that time ) clowns in line was worth the risk. I had to pull my PWC out of Berkely boat ramp a couple of times with 2 or 3 'goons' standing in the water next to me IN MY FACE as I winched up as I had said something to them out on the water to pull thier heads in etc and think of the image they were setting.

On a different note - I also walk out the front of my house if there are ever groups of 'teenagers' hanging around ( rare but it has happened half a dozen times, as recent as last week ) , I aint gunna stand inside and watch em potentially wreck stuff............one 'group' once left some rubbish on my lawn and did a U turn to take off, I approached the car told em to get the F*CK out and get the garbage off my lawn , after a few minutes of ‘discussion’ they did.

Not everyone in this World sits back and shuts up.
I aint 'tough' but I am not going to sit back and be trodden on either.

DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2013, 12:53:47 PM »
When diplomacy doesnt work, pick up a chain saw.lol  &&    Works for most.lol

Most people do the right thing on the water. 99.99 percent of people did when i went jet-ski-ing.
I told plenty of people to behave or get off the water, most people apologised and said sorry cause they were caught up in the moment and didnt realise they were doing something unsafe. No one ever carried on and ever threatened back because NSW is a easy place to get locked up if you act like a tool, and the safe always outnumbered the idiots 100 to 1.
QLD is also family friendly on the waterways. Most people stop hooning the instant they get called out, espescially with todays mobile phones with video and normal photo abilities.

On the whole, its like anything, most people just have fun and the bare minimum act silly til they are pulled up by the majority.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Cow Corner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2013, 01:48:25 PM »
I have seen too many knobs riding these at speed around swimmers and board riders like they own the ocean to know the majority are moronic individuals.

Instead of WRONGLY branding ALL jet - skiers as 'knobs' and 'moronic individuals' and the classic 'aqua bogans' - get your mobile phone out and photo or video the ACTUAL KNOBS , get the rego number in shot and also write it down and send it off to the authorities - that way the KNOBS will slowly get taken off the water and the decent riders will remain.

But alas, most people who complain and whinge about are just too damn lazy to take the few minutes to do something like this, and then just keep ( incorrectly ) complaining about ALL jet - skiers  #@#

Post the video at Youtube and put a link here for us too, in this thread - I look forward to seeing some future images and video of these 'lunatics' as there are apparently so many of them then some of us should find it dead simple to get some footage within the next week

The word I used is majority. Must have struck a nerve here with a potential aqua bogan or two.  #@#

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2013, 03:01:27 PM »

Righto, interesting chat, but that's that last "aqua bogan" or similar derogatory term to be used in this thread please. There are clearly fans of this sort of watercraft and others not so.

Keep it civilized please.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2013, 07:44:40 PM »
Check out this guy risking his life behind a boat!

Just CRAZY!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=MpraJYnbVtE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DMpraJYnbVtE

Kinda reminds me of the guy of 8 ball though.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »
I had a dream last night I was on the jetski getting chased by Jaws. lol  %.%

A VERY good reason not to fall off......

Derrr Na.       Derrr Na.....Derna Derna Derna Derna..........(soundtrack gets louder and u wake up covered in sweat.lol)  ^&^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »

The word I used is majority. Must have struck a nerve here with a potential aqua bogan or two.  #@#

I will just await your soon to be released, simple to obtain photos.....look forward to them, weekends coming up , go get em tiger  #@#
And I think you quoted and contradicted yourself all at the same time  @.@ :lol :lol :lol :lol @.@
DW Drums rule !