Author Topic: Swinks makes the news  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Replay

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
Swinks makes the news
« on: February 06, 2014, 02:22:11 AM »

Offline ralph67

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Stoneville
    • ralph1967@optusnet.com.au
Re: Swinks makes the news
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2014, 02:32:27 AM »
Hope you get some work from the sign , i reckon you would get some offers from the news article as well . Keep your chin up mate , good luck for the future ^^^
One-Ball!

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2014, 03:41:50 AM »
I hope something happens soon Swinks

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 03:54:12 AM »
I see lots of people doing this.
More and more people are resorting to this tactic to pick up work, it is a sobering reminder of the times we now live in.
Hope it all works out well.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Crashramp

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Albury
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 07:14:15 AM »
Good on you Jady, I wish you all the best.

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
Yeah hats off for all your efforts Jady.  Wish you well mate.
Addicted to pins.

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2014, 11:22:34 AM »
All the best Jady... *%*

Offline Freiherr

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2014, 11:47:18 AM »
Your perseverence astounds me. Bosses should considet that. Good luck.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2014, 12:16:46 PM »
I agree with everyone else's sentiments, respect for doing whatever you can to provide for your family!!  I hope your wait for work is over very soon.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2014, 12:40:06 PM »
thanks everyone for your thoughts and support,

tough times in many ways, met quite a few lovely people that have stopped and congratulated me on being brave, being resourceful and having big balls  %.% - tell you it was dam nervous watching thousand of people pass you every morning starring at you, felt a little degraded but just keen to work and look after the family, be nice to get a job and then buy myself a pin for a few weeks time when I hit 44, exactly 4 years after the habit started. So far no job offers in 4 days of doing it but lots of encouragement.

Monday - KOFM gave me radio help convinced that would score me a job in a day (though I felt that wouldn't happen) but stopped after a day as they failed I guess
Tuesday - a very eccentric passionate business guy said he would help and he called the Newcastle Morning Herald and they came out and did an article and published yesterday
Wednesday - newspaper article came out but had a break due to sad stuff but got a call from Sydney's Channel 7 and were prepared to travel and do a interview yesterday but since I had to dash to Sydney they met me quickly for a interview that will be aired in hopefully tonights Seven News (possibly national) - the main story is a guy in Sydney wanting staff but out of 11 scheduled interviews only 2 people turned up, with the rest sending texts or nothing (must not of wanted the job and just satisfying the dole requirments for 10 jobs a fortnight thing). They want to show the contrast that here are dole bluggers not turning up and then people like me want a job but aren't given the chance for a interview.
Thursday - will be on the news
Friday - last stint then having a break as you start to lose hope - I feel for all those people that want a job but just can't land one.

As for the sad news, my mother in law is loosing here fight with cancer and it was her 69th birthday yesterday and the doctor told her on her birthday you have days to weeks to live, so as expected my wife is shattered and hurts us all. Also yesterday I got my first government payment - $1.10 a fortnight as my wife works 19.5 hours a fortnight so pushes us over the threshold, how generous, while the bluggers scam the system, get accommodation help etc,,,,

This also explains my absence here and relieving myself of moderator duties on AP in the last fews days, all just too much going on
« Last Edit: February 06, 2014, 12:45:05 PM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2014, 03:53:28 PM »
Something isn't right Jady with what centrelink have calculated.

I would be getting back there yesterday n seeing if someone didn't stuff up big time and then be asking for backpayment $$ which might add up to thousands of dollars from when ? you originally applied.

I have heard of a couple with two kids getting paid about $900 a week (minus about 65 percent of what your wife earns) then u shld be getting about $400 or $500 a week minimum. Which might pay the mortgage etc....it helps. Just check the centrelink site n they actually have a calculator which tells what you could be getting paid weekly.

The rules recently regarding the payout/retrenched monies also changed on 1st Feb as well. I think whilst you are doing these other positive things to get $$ coming in, get back some of the taxes you have paid n get back to centrelink n see what they can recalculate again.

I reckon you will score a job from the TV show. Hope it all works out n great karma goes to great people so I know it will not be long.

They shld have had u smiling in the photo.lol

Good luck Jady.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Pintoxicated

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Table Top - Albury NSW
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 05:36:09 PM »
Very sorry to hear about your mother in law Jady.  I know I speak for everyone when I say we are thinking of you mate and once again please pass our thoughts and prayers onto your wife and her family.

Addicted to pins.

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 07:00:07 PM »
Chin up Jady,

There must be something good coming around the corner soon <..>

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 08:38:27 PM »
I'm going to say what I think without putting any funny symbols about my thoughts, but f**k the government which ever are in, they're all the same. Nice to know we don't look after our own kind. Lets continue sending money to those countries that bag us all day long and keep building more weapons to blow us aw one day.

I really enjoy thinking I'm Australian on days like this......... NOT

Good luck mate

Ps looks like the system automatically puts in those symbols but you all get my feelings
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2014, 07:13:12 PM »
 #*# #*# #*# #*# #*# #*#

well the road side stand off paid off, as well as the media help etc as got a call on Wednesday while down in Sydney after the article came out as a recruiter contacted me and said that they have a potential job for me. I went and saw the recruiter yesterday, had the interview today and just got off the phone 30 minutes ago.

#*# #*# #*#

I finally got a job (7 months and 5 days what a time) as a project administrator for a project home company Dixon Homes and the owner here also has a second business doing property development buying land and putting in roads, electricity, and houses as well as high end houses along the coast. There is scope once I prove myself for pay and career so I am very happy and was able to share with my mother in law as that was here dying wish for me to get a job before she passes (which my wife saw her today believes it may be this weekend sadly - bless her as she was one of those really nice, and generous ones that was always welcome).

So I start next Wednesday  ^^^ bring on a pin for the 23-2-14
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts