Author Topic: Explain your username!  (Read 1359 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: Explain your username!
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2011, 09:43:51 PM »
Mine is from my other hobby, dirtbike riding.  I used to post a lot on a supermotard site where I would machine up old road bike rims to fit into peoples dirtbikes to ride them on the road as well:

I get out in the bush almost every weekend I have off work, fortnightly, and have a blast on my ktm450
So that is where the name came from, I just ended up using it on all forums I am a member on.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2011, 10:55:29 PM »

WOW Matt !

You have adapted your skills to pinball restoration really well !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
Mine name came from the side view of my nose when i was a teenager. my original nick name was 'eagle beak' but within a couple of years it was shortened down to beaky.
Any of my old mates who have known me since i was a teenager still call me beaky to this day. Some of the other nick names i was called were 'nostrildamus' 'nose' & 'the nose that knows'   !@)
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:09 PM »
Good topic.

Well I've been around cars & V8's most of my life (parents own a car yard) and I'm a huge Holden/GM fan, and love just kicking back with the kids watching the v8supercars, so 8 years ago when I opened my ebay account I created v8racefan as a username, and decided to use it as well on AP.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline jumpback

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2011, 05:35:52 PM »
mine is taken froma line in a springsteen song

Offline punter

• Forum Posts:
  • illawarra
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2011, 06:14:28 PM »
Mine is also obvious,i like to have a bet on the trots,and have done so since my early teens.Not a big money gambler but have had some nice wins over the years,and always buy something when i do inc pins,parts ect.I had a nice little win on Friday night where i made a 1k profit for the night.Can i feel another pin coming  %$%,if i can find the one title i am after  *%*.

Offline poodlebob

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
i have a toy poodle and his name is bob. i also have a bulldog whose name is henry but thats another matter.

Offline m-rots

• Forum Posts:
  • Lara soon
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2011, 01:37:57 AM »
Mine is pretty simple.I Needed a name for my companie.Could not make up one so I just took my sons name and put it backwards. Storm became m-rots.

Offline Steve2010

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »
Mine also is pretty obvious.  Steve is my name, and 2010 is when I joined the forum (and what what a year it has been in the last 12+ months!).

My avatar not only represents one of the games I own, but this game's backglass also features Bobby Orr, who was an ice hockey legend in the 1970s.  He is to hockey what Don Bradman is to cricket.  Being from Canada, with ice hockey in the blood, growing up in the 70's was filled with playing the game and eventually playing the other game - pinball.

Funny enough, I never came across this game whilst I lived there.