Author Topic: why is this place a ghost town??  (Read 1588 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: why is this place a ghost town??
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »
 No need to delete thread, but I still unsure of the reason of the initial post, if it is a comparison to AA, i think AA is a ghost town on the Pinball side of things.
Sure the Arcade side of things is active, but rarely is there a significant pinball thread, most are price checks for specific pins, or something about a sited pin. 
AP threads are about Pinball and there are many different ones each day.   
I also had a warning about being booted off AA when I joked about something they took the wrong way, silly stuff, which doesn't bother me now, but it was a shame because it was a good forum before AP came along. 
But if you want pinball threads AP is far superior.
Explain the original question or grow up if you are just being a dickhead

Offline TSPP

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2011, 09:06:55 AM »
The interesting thing about this thread is that while the op may be able to argue that because it has has 250+ views that it has served a purpose for discussion of some sort, he has only started this thread to cause division among members. Lucky that won't happen here as this forum seems to be strong.

A one word thread called "discuss" has done nothing but put the op on everyone's shit list. Funny how he hasn't actually contributed anything to this thread except to deflect the name calling that has been made from more senior members here. Hopefully the op can now f**k off never to be seen again.
.....something witty here

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2011, 09:29:53 AM »
I think it would have been great if no one had replied to this thread in the 1st place . The title was obviously rubbish .
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2011, 09:30:53 AM »
After almost three pages of content, the OP still has failed to offer any explanation to the original topic. There's plenty of "discussion", and all of it has been positive and supporting of our great "ghost town".

If it was meant to divide or cause conflict amongst members, it has failed. I'm proud of the support from our membership.

So the question is - Why would someone go "out of their way" to alienate themselves from this community ?
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
So the question is - Why would someone go "out of their way" to alienate themselves from this community ?

^^^
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2011, 01:17:57 PM »
Unfortunately there is a small minded group of individuals that CONTINUALLY feel the need to have / start / involve themselves and others in a totally needless P*SSING CONTEST – it never ends, it never will – leave those FOOLS to feel chuffed about themselves in their own tiny and empty heads and worry only about keeping the standards at this forum what it is and what it has been from day one and what it was always intended to be – a forum for pinball enthusiasts without extra baggage.

These clowns wouldn’t know how to fix a game, restore a game or play a game – the only game they THINK they know how to play is for losers anyway.
DW Drums rule !

Offline poodlebob

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2011, 07:23:28 PM »
and i thought we were friends wotto?? im surprised well not really actually how but hurt a lot of members are acting because this place was referred to as a ghost town. as far as going anywhere i dont really planned to unless i get the boot which wont be the first time from an arcade/pinball forum. as to the reason for the post, simply really. place has little traffic hence the thread. lolz at it being a division thread. for a division to occur it must be from an established insider not some new guy on the scene. wonder how upset people will pretend to act when i start the "why does aussie arcade hate you mark c" thread. creech ole son no doubt we will catch up for a butcher of black and tan one day. look forward to the meets.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
There is an average of 84 posts per day. I consider that a reasonable amount of traffic.

I recently went on holidays for 2 weeks and I still have not caught up on all the new posts yet.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2011, 07:52:11 PM »
and i thought we were friends wotto?? im surprised well not really actually how but hurt a lot of members are acting because this place was referred to as a ghost town. as far as going anywhere i dont really planned to unless i get the boot which wont be the first time from an arcade/pinball forum. as to the reason for the post, simply really. place has little traffic hence the thread. lolz at it being a division thread. for a division to occur it must be from an established insider not some new guy on the scene. wonder how upset people will pretend to act when i start the "why does aussie arcade hate you mark c" thread. creech ole son no doubt we will catch up for a butcher of black and tan one day. look forward to the meets.

Well its hard to understand what you are about. Some of your posts early in the piece (well most I think) were rather lucid. This thread and your further replies are very odd. Perhaps there is a reason for your attitude, but I'm afraid I am in the dark.

I do remember posting after a little too much to drink once, and regretting that, but as this has gone on for more than 24 hours that can't be your excuse.

You keep hinting on wanting a ban - surely you have worked out how easy it is to delete your account? Before your ramblings do any more damage to your reputation, perhaps you might want to retire?
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2011, 08:03:22 PM »
the whole thread has gone from a "wind up" or "piss take "to naming people who have nothing to do with anything and including anyones commercial interests serves no puropose.

lets argue about pinball machines, lets debate a good or bad ebay listing, lets debate postage costs etc, lets debate our passion for pinball and who loves or hates EM's or SS or dmd, lets argue pinball, but a thread designed to argue with each other has no place here.

delete the whole dam thing and lets all move on to something positive i say.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2011, 08:15:17 PM »
The quality of most of the threads here on Ap is second to none.  If you are after tech support or restore tips this is the place.  Some great people and threads on Aa as well, however, mostly arcade related and not spo much Pinball info.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2011, 08:20:32 PM »
the whole thread has gone from a "wind up" or "piss take "to naming people who have nothing to do with anything and including anyones commercial interests serves no puropose.

lets argue about pinball machines, lets debate a good or bad ebay listing, lets debate postage costs etc, lets debate our passion for pinball and who loves or hates EM's or SS or dmd, lets argue pinball, but a thread designed to argue with each other has no place here.

delete the whole dam thing and lets all move on to something positive i say.  ^^^

Star trek themed video games suck
 !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*!

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2011, 08:27:14 PM »

OP is now on an enforced holiday. Rules are rules. We are here to talk pinball.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2011, 08:29:15 PM »

delete the whole dam thing and lets all move on to something positive i say.  ^^^

Star trek themed video games suck
 !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*! !*!

They do not !  %.% %.% %.% Face it, your a star trek closet lover like the rest of us. !  %.% %.% %.%  I thought you watched my star trek video nightly. I do.  *)* *)* *)*  Anyone got a ghost busters pinball machine. might work here.  @.@
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 08:32:31 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Wotto

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2011, 09:11:36 PM »

OP is now on an enforced holiday. Rules are rules. We are here to talk pinball.

Best thing you could have done - and consistent with AP and also AP doesnt need to justify itself to anyone
He names me as a mate - I dont even know WHO THE F*CK the guy is  ::)
DW Drums rule !