Author Topic: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !  (Read 10288 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 02:13:04 AM »
Look upon it this way... arcades are more likely to site a pin with a redemption feature. My 1957 replica took good coin onsite with its ticket feature.
When i go into an arcade if on my own, ill win some tickets and give them to the nearest kid who dont look like a little toe-rag.
Kids will play it, the amount of kids at Pinfest was unreal.. all of them loved the pinnies.
Pinball will do much much better onsite with a ticket feature.. adults will play it and give the tickets away.
Its a winner for sure, just a wierd way to go about it

i think this is pretty correct.
realistically a ticket reel wouldn't put off a seasoned pinball player, but as stated it is an odd way to go about doing this.
ruining the machine would make a few angry by drilling holes in the side, to accommodate the addon. i think they should rethink this idea they have and compromise on this feature and rectify its current state of being a good feature done half arsed to a feature that is good and done correctly.

Stern if you are looking, put it the reel in the door and include a special door with the kit. be more attractive for an arcade if they have that extra bit of resale value to their machine when its removed, as im sure most ex arcade games end up in homes, a few drill holes in a machine would kill its value by allot even with a few bungs to cover them.