Author Topic: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !  (Read 10289 times)

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:18:34 AM »
anything with a ticket machine had a person attached to it.

And that's why I say keep the dispenser as gaudy and prominent as possible (at least for onsite machines that are geared up as dedicated redemption locations).

From a 10 year old kids viewpoint, you put a discreet dispenser in the coin door and it stops being a redemption machine and turns back into a "plain old" pinball machine.

It is all moot anyway, since the machines they build have to be geared to appeal to that market and Stern cannot (or more likely will not) risk alienating or losing their ACDC demographic.

I am talking about getting machines back on site (non traditional sites) and making money again, not having a micro run of 200-300 machines go into homes and getting swapped/traded/sold between collectors every 12 months.

From a strictly business manufacturing standpoint, there is all the potential for growth in the former and simply no long term future for the latter.

WOZ's broad, multi-generational appeal is probably the closest we will get.

why would a dispenser in the coin door be discrete?? it would stand out like dogs balls if done correctly even more so than stuck to only one side of a pinball, thats tucked in a corner.

i doubt the kids see the pinball boring when they throw a ball up a ramp on another redemtion game for a few tickets. this would be honestly the most entertaining redemtion machine in any arcade, go into your local arcade and see what games are redemtion games. lol, the only reason they play those other games that are very dull is because it spews out tickets, now if a fun game like pinball spewed out tickets that would be the best redemption game  in the building. hands down.

I guess I was thinking more along the lines of a dispenser where the majority of the innards are inside the coin door and the machine simply spits out a ticket through a slot in the door.  ^^^

Pinball machines themselves are boring to a 10 year old:

1. Unless the theme catches their initial attention to draw them over
2. And then in order to convince them to part with their money they need to be shown that a tangible reward is possible (tickets/toy). You do this by advertising it primarily as a redemption machine (neon, an obtrusive ticket dispenser etc). Marketing it on its merits as a pinball machine isn't going to be enough to this demographic.

The focus needs to change to being a redemption first and a pinball second.

The possibility of a high score just isn't going to cut it, anymore.  *%*