Author Topic: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !  (Read 10289 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: New Stern Kit - Redemption Tickets !
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2012, 12:24:26 AM »
i doubt the targeted audience at an arcade is 10 year olds, there are games for kids thats for sure, but every time i go, its more so people between 18-30. and people in that age, eg me, are happy to part with the cash for a good night out. allot of the games there seem to suggest thats the case bar a few kids style games for family's.

but for kids not liking pinball?? well i recon 60% of the customers that play our store pinball is a woman with a ten year old, they usually both play them, the rest are 18-50 year old males

it is interesting that the kid spots the machine, and asks the mother what it is, and the mother plays a game usually saring the game with the kid, if that happens once its a good bet the same happens the next time they return to the shop. i had to put a kids step at the foot of the machine so the kids could play and stopped them climbing on the chairs. i think pinball is interesting to kids as they cant understand how it works.

it will be interesting and i really do hope this can bring more pinball into arcades.
its really not an addon that will matter to us so much other than hopefully see an increase of pinballs in arcades. due to attractiveness of a better money earner for operators. but as you say there needs to be more innovation for other demographics also. and i doubt we will see it from stern unless this JJP project puts a bee up their arse.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 12:42:08 AM by Olivia_jason »