Author Topic: Silicone pinball rubber  (Read 1497 times)

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Re: Silicone pinball rubber
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
Flipper rubbers, pre super bands, I found it very difficult to control and trap a ball on my tz. It plays pretty quick and out of control for much of a game. Hence why I thought I'd try the super bands as well as I couldn't find blue rubbers for the small flipper. Post super bands and after a dozen games, I find control is far superior and trapping a ball more possible as there seems to be less bounce compared to the standard blue rubbers I used.

Too soon to comment on the post rubbers but I am confident that they won't fray quickly like the whites. The standard whites would look shot after 50 games or so.  
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 08:21:05 PM »
 Super bands for the flippers( urethane ) and Silicone rubbers for all other play field parts are definitely worth it in my opinion.
looks hot and plays like a demon. very easy to clean too, just wipe with a cloth.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 09:16:22 PM by oldskool1969 »
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline rustalan

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2014, 01:22:24 PM »

Recently replaced rubbers with silicone  on my Space Invaders. Looks great as the leds transfer to the silicone, found that game speed up at least 30%, if the ball has a side spin happening when it impacts the silicone it will drive off in the spin direction at a great rate of knots. Sorry for photo quality.
They work great on ss machines but think damage may occur on dmds with the greatly added speed. Selectively placing may be advisable. 

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
Glowing report on superbands on my tz. The flippers show a little grim but it comes off a treat, not like standard rubbers. The post rubbers are fantastic and do the job I wanted. They don't look ratty like the whites get quickly and look perfect with no wear. The whites would burr and fray, not these silicon jobs. Most impressed and have ordered more for my other games.
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline oldskool1969

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2015, 11:49:10 PM »
YEP still loving silicone for play field rubber and super bands for flippers, no sign of wear yet? go figure.
6 months and still going strong.
got to shop out a few games soon and will be putting these on too. hopefully will go the measure.
Agree with RUSTALAN, if you have a quick game likeAC/DC, ST, RADICAL etc; thing again-maybe too quick for these beasts!
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.