Author Topic: USA Travel Thread - The Bert and Wotto show begins - for anyone interested.....  (Read 12609 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Morning boys.

Well FINALLY I can say we had a very decent day.
For anyone that knows the 1979 film The Warriors ( the NY gang movie with the baseball dudes fighting in it - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Warriors_%28film%29 ) - I have been obsessed with that film since I first saw it , all those 356 screenings ago :lol

I had always wanted to come here to go to Coney Island ( the Warriors home base and where they 'bopped all night to get back to" ) but I wanted more , and hence I found a stack of other shooting locations around NYC before I left. Now bear in mind these are not ANYWHERE near Coney Island and it took a bit of subwaying and walking to find them all - but we did it. For me , this was like a pligramage of sorts , for Kayla , well she was BORED SH*TLESS - LOL

Anyway - here ya go , for those of you that know the movie you may find this all interesting, for others this may be a bit boring.

Here I am outside 72nd Street Station - this is the actual doors that The Warriors exited and then stopped and saw The Baseball Furies around the street area here looking at them - and that famous running chase scene began.

For any fans - you may recall one of the Furies standing on a street corner swinging his bat - it was in this EXACT spot.
Do I look as tough ?

In the movie - the chase continued and you see The Warriors running down a street , stop and look back, and the Furies faces come over the crest of a hill on a street - this is the street, the hill behind me is where the Furies appeared

The chase continues into a park but first they run past a statue and over some benches - it was the Firemans Memorial at the end of 101 Street - this spot

And this is pretty much an exact shooting location view from when they jumped the benches that were there at the time, they came down the stairs in the left of the shot and jumped a bench right where I am standing

Later in the Movie , the main guy Swan , leaves his mates and runs up a set of steps - these ones

But the place I HAD to find was where the initial massive gang meeting was held at the very beginning of the movie - the place where Cyrus got shot.
And here it is ..........Cyrus would have been standing on his platform smack in the middle of that circular area, and when he got shot and all hell broke loose all the gang member ran around escaping the area, any fans will recognise the circular steps and ramps etc. If you watch the movie again today , the arches on the wall at back are easily recognisable as well

Here I am sitting pretty much were Cyrus would have been shot from

And here I am being an idiot - the park cleaner thought I was a bit of a whack job I think !

Now - already being WAY WAY 'uptown' there was another famous place I wanted to visit, as do thousands of others from around the planet.
Most of you will recognise this place I am sure ( without TOMS on it of course )

Obviously the inside of the diner in the show was a TV set - but this IS the place in the show.
The waitress told us that Seinfeld still lives in that area and before famous he used to frequent this place and therefore put it in the show.

And what a GREAT waitress we had , and the food was KILLER - we each had 2 x coffees/ tea, Milk, an Orange Juice, the meals you see there, toast, and milkshakes for what you see below !

We were way up past the top of Central Park - so we decided to walk back through the entire park ( around 40 blocks in length ) - a long long walk but quite worth it.

Before hitting the park we found this HUGE church, now I am far from the most religious person you would ever find - but this place was UNFRIGGINBELIEVABLE

Central Park is MASSIVE - Kayla had soon had enough of walking it and we werent even a third of the way through it

I found her relatives in here as well

Eventually she got going and we found many places seen in movies and TV shows
Here are some random shots

Think Mel Gibson movie RANSOM - where his kid was taken from.

FRIENDS

HEAPS of movies here.....

Some random shots of the park - and of course , what would one of my posts be without the daily crazy !

We caught the YELLOW 'Q' back and will go to Times Square tonight.

DW Drums rule !