Author Topic: Stern announces new KISS pinball  (Read 129630 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Stern announces new KISS pinball
« Reply #885 on: December 01, 2018, 03:47:38 PM »
Did the Code Update and there is an immediate and comprehensive difference - I'm VERY happy ! I put in 2 hours last night with the kids, and we had a great time. I get to watch the changes while they play and there are some VERY cool call outs.
This probably is not a game changer for most, but starting a new game and hearing the original audio from "Alive I" - "You wanted the best, and you got it, the hottest band in the land - KISS" and "Alive II" - "You wanted the best and you got the best, the hottest band in the World - KISS". That is SO COOL for a hardcore fan.
Rule changes - Some of this might be incorrect, as the game has to tune itself as it is played ;
Cities Combos - VERY VERY cool. New Call Outs, and some serious scoring with bonus.Song Selection and progress - There's now a "progress bar" on each song. As you progress through collecting the shots for each song, the progress bar advances and then you get to collect the song and light up "2X". Now this is HUGE, as prior to this, you are not aware of your progress - just mindless ramp shots - which is why I stopped playing the game all together.Lighting during Multiballs - VAST improvement. Visuals have improved.
So these are only the tip of the iceberg, but I wanted to post an update. Stern SHOULD have done this 2 years ago, and the many KISS owners would not have sold their machines. This game will get better as I play the game more, but finally, FINALLY, I have that urge of "just one more game". I'm stoked that I kept my game.

All that I want now is a color DMD. Seriosuly, the game looks amazing and now plays a whole lot different, but I want to finish mine off with the color DMD.
Stoked. Just really happy that it is being played and I can't wait to get home to play it again. Well done Stern.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia