Author Topic: FirePower Backglass..Wanted  (Read 264 times)

Offline scratcha

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
FirePower Backglass..Wanted
« on: August 22, 2010, 02:10:34 PM »
Hey Guys,
As some may know I have two of the best guys, Tim(Pinball Tales) & Marty(Melbourne Pinball Restorations) doing a restore on my Firepower Pinball, should come up a treat once these guys have waved their magic wand over it...
To finish the project complete I am chasing a Firepower Backglass to suit... Any help in locating one would be much appreciated.. Any condition considered..
Cheers...

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
Re: FirePower Backglass..Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2010, 04:43:57 PM »
Good luck with the search keep an eye put for me while your looking

Offline scratcha

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 09:34:46 PM »
I have been looking with one eye open for a while... Keep ya posted, have found a couple in the USA at around $250 US plus freight of around $200-220 US  ::) ::) $500 odd Australian is stretching my budget a little....

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:45:20 AM »
Given there's a couple needed I tried Mayfair because three (mine is ratty) might have made the shipping worthwhile. Unfortunately Steve is saying he won't ship internationally, although Nino thinks he will if needed, but will charge an arm and a leg.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2010, 08:55:31 AM »
Do Mayfair have some nick?

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2010, 08:59:56 AM »

Apparently - they are repros though but done by Williams (never heard of that) - here's the email

I have a quality reproduction Firepower backglass that was made by Williams in 1996. It is just like the original in form and fit, and printed on glass not plastic. They upgraded the quality of the ink to address the issue of peeling on the original 1979 run. The price on the glass is $250, add $25 for a trim package that includes a new chrome lift channel and outside edge trim. Shipping is $50 sent UPS fully insured. Please note that one color is different on this glass. On the 1978 version the word Firepower fades from orange to yellow. On the 1996 version it is a solid yellow. Please note I do not ship international. Steve

If you can come up with a shipping method and there's two or three available, I'm in and maybe Scratcha too??
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2010, 09:55:49 AM »
I got my GORGAR from Mayfair and they(Williams) also got a outside company to do a run of GORGARS in 1996-There much better quality than the originals and are sealed and great buying I reckon. Add the trim kit and you have a nice new BG.

Peter

Offline scratcha

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2010, 10:14:16 AM »

Apparently - they are repros though but done by Williams (never heard of that) - here's the email

I have a quality reproduction Firepower backglass that was made by Williams in 1996. It is just like the original in form and fit, and printed on glass not plastic. They upgraded the quality of the ink to address the issue of peeling on the original 1979 run. The price on the glass is $250, add $25 for a trim package that includes a new chrome lift channel and outside edge trim. Shipping is $50 sent UPS fully insured. Please note that one color is different on this glass. On the 1978 version the word Firepower fades from orange to yellow. On the 1996 version it is a solid yellow. Please note I do not ship international. Steve

If you can come up with a shipping method and there's two or three available, I'm in and maybe Scratcha too??

Good timing ... The Mayfair guys must be laughing at us Aussies I sent an email to them last night and got the same reply :D  I would be interested for sure if the freight wasnt a killer......

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2010, 10:17:58 AM »

They used to send to Australia. I was after a NOS GTB "Spirit" Backglass for US$250. Shipping was quoted as US$350 and then a US$60 "Handling fee" was added. If you really want it - They will send it, but you are better off having it send to someone in the USA or use one of those "buyUSA" sites to purchase on your behalf.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
$350 plus handling fee man that's steep I don't think I could manage to sneak that past the wife lol.

Keep me posted with results if I can afford one I'll grab one aswell if it helps with the postage if notion have to buy your old one nick  &&

Offline scratcha

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2010, 10:16:58 PM »
I got my GORGAR from Mayfair and they(Williams) also got a outside company to do a run of GORGARS in 1996-There much better quality than the originals and are sealed and great buying I reckon. Add the trim kit and you have a nice new BG.

Peter

What was the best shipping method Pete, Did Mayfair ship it for you or someone else? !@#

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 06:45:28 PM »

Peter

What was the best shipping method Pete, Did Mayfair ship it for you or someone else? !@#

Hi-Wayne bought mine back in his container about a year ago as at the time that was my only option I just had to be patient and it arrive safe and sound.

Peter