Author Topic: "24" new Stern  (Read 1336 times)

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
Re: "24" new Stern
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:50:14 PM »
Lets hope there are a few headed to Vic, so I can have a game
Maybe a collectors item in a few years 'the last commercial pinball ever made'   *!@
That would be sad but unfortunately may be true  !!!

Offline Docpinball

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 03:46:41 PM »
One is coming to Vic.  You can try it here at Bumper when it arrives.  I will advise.

We are a long way from the golden days of TSPP, LR and Pirates when only one is coming. This is the second model in a row this has been the case. Only one CSI came to Vic also, and it didn't sell!!!!

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 04:35:38 PM »
One is coming to Vic.  You can try it here at Bumper when it arrives.  I will advise.

We are a long way from the golden days of TSPP, LR and Pirates when only one is coming. This is the second model in a row this has been the case. Only one CSI came to Vic also, and it didn't sell!!!!

quote author=Docpinball link=topic=746.msg12247#msg12247 date=1234928801]

[/quote]

gee the Australian sales figures for new pinball sales in Australia must look good.

I cant see stern lasting two much longer at this pace. !@#

my 2 cents
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2009, 09:19:56 PM »

Where is it now? And how much $ was on it?

Offline vinito

• Forum Posts:
  • Kansas City, KS USA
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 10:54:00 AM »
Wow. Saw some picture of the "24" game today, and it's no wonder Stern is having trouble selling IMO. I'm really out of touch with consumers, so maybe the theme appeals to enough people that they would actually like the "art" (if that even qualifies). As for me, I'm wondering where all the fun in pinball machines went. I've watched probably 10 minutes max of maybe four episodes of 24 so I'm definitely nowhere near their target audience, but it seems that they might have made an effort to appeal to fans and strangers alike. Obviously no effort at all was made toward that direction. Anyways, to me the backglass is horrible, the cabinet is uninspiring and the playfield looks kind of cheaped out. Just another "cram a bunch of images together with photoshop" job. I have a DE Secret Service which has a butt-ugly backglass too but the rest of the art is very cool and entertaining. I think the 24 backglass is worse. The whole package simply says "walk away and play a different machine" to me.

I'm normally not much into taking pot shots at pinball designs, but....

I hope the game play and sounds are much better than the art package.

Coconut Island art swims circles around Sterns latest offerings.
I feel more like I do now than I did when I first got here.

Offline wonder

• Forum Posts:
  • perth
  • just need the machine
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 11:07:33 AM »
Coconut Island art swims circles around Sterns latest offerings.

your not wrong there. *%*
pharaoh blackglass <br />blackknight project<br />NOS Playfields

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »

Thanks Dave, that would be great  ^^^

Offline Docpinball

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 06:34:58 PM »
Hey AJ.  It's on location now trying to recoup some of its money back.  It landed here after being air freighted(plus GST, customs fees, landed costs etc) at around $7800 and we would have taken $8300 for it. We are a long way now from $6750 for a new pin when the Dollar was at 96 cents unfortunately.

Yes, Stern are out of touch with consumers sadly. Lame licenses I thought would have been obvious would not sell in any quantity. 

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »
Hey AJ.  It's on location now trying to recoup some of its money back.  It landed here after being air freighted(plus GST, customs fees, landed costs etc) at around $7800 and we would have taken $8300 for it. We are a long way now from $6750 for a new pin when the Dollar was at 96 cents unfortunately.

Yes, Stern are out of touch with consumers sadly. Lame licenses I thought would have been obvious would not sell in any quantity. 

Is it earning anything??? I guess some will be playing it just for novelty value.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2009, 08:02:36 AM »
Maybe a collectors item in a few years 'the last commercial pinball ever made'   *!@

This new titles on the horizon after 24

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »

This new titles on the horizon after 24

What new title?  !@#

Matthew

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »

They should have done a "Transformers" Pinball when they had the opportunity.

WoF was a CRAP theme, but I enjoyed playing it.

LOTR was a great title
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

They should have done a "Transformers" Pinball when they had the opportunity.

WoF was a CRAP theme, but I enjoyed playing it.

LOTR was a great title

Well ,very very loosely I've been told that Terminator 4 is not on the agenda ,but unconfirmed could be Marvel Super Hero's (Flash,captain America ,Thor etc)   !@# !@# !@#

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2009, 06:33:25 PM »

I've had a few games on this at Bumper recently. I must say that I am VERY disappointed with the game play, and the over-all lack of design.

The machine feels unfinished, and looks like Stern are doing some serious cost-cutting.

After playing both 24 and CSI, CSI is a better pinball to play than 24. But neither have anything going for them.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2009, 08:04:22 PM »
I don't really like the theme. I'm tired of TV shows and movie themed pins.

The classic DMDs like TOTAN, MM, CV and CC had nothing to do with TV shows or movies. Why can't Stern pick up a original idea ?

Could it be that the producers etc. of the show are contributing to cover the costs of releasing the pin ... (or is it the other way round with Stern having to pay royalties etc. to the producers etc.).

I also think that the U.S. has a really big influence on the title choice . 24 is not that popular in Australia but apparantly they LOVE it in the U.S . Damn yanks ...  ^.^