Author Topic: Some TOTAN repairs today  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Re: Some TOTAN repairs today
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 04:00:23 PM »
Couple of things done this morning...... I had to wire in a new target up near the Genie as he one in the game was the incorrect style , the only ones I had were green , so now I had different colour targets around the PF ( green, yellow, white ) - yes I am a little bit pedantic and I like artwork so I decided to grab a shot of one of the temples on the PF and stick it on these 3 targets.

This also leads in to the next bit of work done today, which was to re-decal over the Genie 'mode start' area.
The last shot showed you the wear already existing in that area , there is already mylar in this section so I decided to cut around the bottle shape and then I would be able to 'lay' the new decal in place of the removed mylar and that way the PF level would be the same/ similar........well it came of easy .........but took the original art under it away COMPLETELY!

I already had the decal for this area so I wasnt at all worried - the trouble is that I hadnt tried to remove the new decal from its backing paper to check it before I started removing the mylar......so I start to peel the 'backing' off and I discover that the bloody thing is printed so that when you remove the backing paper that the sticky side is on the face of the bloody decal ( in other words - all done backwards ) Now I could be wrong here and I am still trying to work out why they would make a sticker with the sticky side on the sticker face !@#- did I not think this through correctly  !@#  If I did something wrong here I will be embarrassed and humbled......but I cant think what

Not only that , the colour match for the blue was pretty bloody way off as well as you will see in the following  shot.....now this has to be said "who checks and sanctions this frickin stuff"- quite obviously - NO-ONE  #@# ( and yes it was bought from an authorised re-seller ).

So call me Mr Compromise......I mylar over the face of the new decal, I then lay a sheet of mylar inside the big clear circle insert so it gets more level with where it now needed to be......and I glue the thing down to the playfield.

Before I did that I cut the green ( whats meant to be blue ) out from under her arms in order to lessen the appearance of the wrong colour in this area and allow more white light to shine through

And here it is done - it came up OK but took 5 times longer than neccasary due to the modifications required to make it all work.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 04:08:08 PM by Wotto »
DW Drums rule !

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 04:42:27 PM »
I think I have a similar decal and try to find it and check out the colours. From memory the blue is blue. Got it from mr pin
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline elkor-alish

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Perth
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 09:22:47 PM »
I like your target decals better than these.

Good idea.
It's coming together nicely.
Are you going to re-do the insert decals too?
Pins: The Getaway, TotAN, WH2O, Pinball Magic, Banzai Run, Flintstones, Judge Dredd, Lord of the Rings LE, Metallica LE, Iron Man VE, The Walking Dead LE, Star Trek The Next Generation.