Author Topic: Best Cabinet Decals?  (Read 522 times)

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Re: Best Cabinet Decals?
« on: January 12, 2013, 06:25:46 PM »
Short answer is NO.

The best, is the original factory screen printed art.  This lasted exceptionally well and was resistant to scratches.

In years gone by, screen printed art was the best and the only genuine source of cabinet art (Phoenix Arcade etc).

Unfortunately there was an influx of cheap ink jet cab art, which scratched if you sneezed on it, and would wear out within 6 months (around flipper buttons).

I still see these on eBay being sold locally, from the usual suspects.

Now, I'm not a printer by trade and a good mate is who knows all the technical stuff.  There are differences which will be visible from digital vs screen printed.

In the current climate, without a doubt I would take Wayne's Next Gen cab art over anything else.  (Mr Pinball Australia).  Politics aside, the texture and clear coat (yes protective clear coat) I find is better than anything else out there the market has to offer. 

I qualify my opinion that I've installed around 15 sets (maybe more) of decals over the last couple of years.

I note on eBay Wayne now offers a printing service.  So this means if YOU are restoring your cabinet, and take the time to draw / retrace the artwork he will print it.