Author Topic: Sell as scrap or persist?????  (Read 931 times)

Offline Douggie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Sell as scrap or persist?????
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:00 PM »
Hey dougie that fish tales with the bottom of the cab falling out has been for at least 3 months,did the seller tell you about it at the time of sale,if not thats a low act cause he has not been able to sell it,anyway maybe you can brace it with some metal straps.

Nope the Fish Tales  was advertised as "tested and checked,re-rubbered and globed (there were approx 40 globes either missing or blown) when it was delivered the front of the cabinet was seperating but it was suggested the leg would hold that together, as for the other faults they were not obvious straight away as the machine arrived missing all its balls (and I didnt have any here at the time)

The other machine with burnt out flippers and many other problems was (I quote from email) "I will get the streetfighter out of storage for you and get it serviced"

I guess everyone has different interpretations of "serviced" and "cleaned"

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2010, 09:44:54 PM »

Thanks for all the comments...Ive decided that I dont want to dump $2K, and  I wouldnt sell it to anyone else in its present state , Ive already got a few tons of firewood left for winter so I'll persist with it.

At this stage I think I'll try and brace up the cabinet with steel strips and wood chocs, then at a later stage try and get a used cabinet and do a complete swap-over.

Cheers

Offline markc

• Forum Posts:
  • melbourne
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2010, 09:46:33 PM »

good idea  ,

we can rebuild it !

i will keep an eye out for a cabinet if no one else finds one sooner

parts are on the way too

mark

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2010, 11:12:04 PM »
After re-reading some of your posts Douggie, I would take the machine back and demand my money back.  %%$ %%$ %%$ **&

It seems you were misled or taken advantage of. ?

If u dont take it back,at least ask for a partial refund, there are alot of guys on here who would only be too happy to help out.

It is unfortunate you ended up with the problems you now have. 95 percent of people in the industry are honest, with only a few shoddy operators.

If I lived nearby, I would be the first to come over n bring a great tech with me to help you out. Hope it works out for you.  ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2010, 11:17:53 PM »
Great to hear your going to save it.  And as cavey said sadly you got ripped but there are plenty of us who will help if we can.   Where abouts do you live?

Offline Douggie

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:07 PM »
Great to hear your going to save it.  And as cavey said sadly you got ripped but there are plenty of us who will help if we can.   Where abouts do you live?

Im in the mountains of east gippsland, where you can here the banjo's playing on a still night

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2010, 11:22:21 PM »
If u dont take it back,at least ask for a partial refund,

Have you asked the seller? Was it a private (collector) sale, or dealer or container sale? If its someone selling regularly, they usually want to make good stuff like that to protect their ongoing sales.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »
Great to hear your going to save it.  And as cavey said sadly you got ripped but there are plenty of us who will help if we can.   Where abouts do you live?

Im in the mountains of east gippsland, where you can here the banjo's playing on a still night

Mate, I am getting excited. I went to a party once when I was younger. There WERE dudes playing Banjo's, everyone was pissed and stoned and the banjo's were going off. lol  %.% %.% I say "always head towards the Banjos, cause it might be a shit hot party.lol

Hey, MAYBE one of the country banjo players could rip that seller a new A$$hole and throw him in the basement with the ten dead cats.lol  %.% %.% %.%    ^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^^
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 12:43:50 AM »
Here we go again with the subject of a shopped pin  @.@ LOL.
Restored = 10 lamps out
Reconditioned  = 20 lamps out
Shopped = 50 + lamps out.
I don't know how some people can sleep at night knowing that they have promised one thing and then just send the pin knowing that they have lied through their teeth.
The old " well some one duded me so i will just pass the dud on"

I have bought a couple of crappy pins in the past but at least with one of them I was told up front that it was a piece of crap and only paid small $$ for it. But with the other one i was told "thats how it came when i (the seller) bought it so i had to recoupe my loss"

Anyway as far as the Boards go if you need them repaired I am quite happy to repair them for you. If you send the boards to me I can give you a quote.
if they are working and just need new Caps, rectifiers & so on it shouldn't take me long to replace them for you. Just let me know if you want the boards done and i will P.M. you my details.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 12:47:13 AM by beaky »
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 09:32:59 AM »
This type of situation is bad for pinball as a hobby,maybe admin should look at a sticky on sellers like him that they have  nothing to do with AP but do use this site to peddle his container rejects to unsuspecting noobs and is in pinball to rip as many people as he can off. If this forum continues to say nothing then it will be contributing to the situation and it will keep happening.

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 03:00:59 PM »
Disappointing mate, I'd be taking it up with the seller if he didn't point it out beforehand, but if you personally inspected it before parting with your money then it's an expensive lesson unfortunately.
Maybe easier to part with it you may only lose $500 or so.  It will obviously take a lot of time, effort and money to fix. Decals would be a few hundred bucks in themselves, then timber, transformer...

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:00 PM »
This type of situation is bad for pinball as a hobby,maybe admin should look at a sticky on sellers like him that they have  nothing to do with AP but do use this site to peddle his container rejects to unsuspecting noobs and is in pinball to rip as many people as he can off. If this forum continues to say nothing then it will be contributing to the situation and it will keep happening.

Point taken, Ben. It is bad for the hobby, but we cannot police private sales. We need more information, and we don't have that before us (at this point).

At this point, I'd like to mention that to the best of my knowledge, the pinball was not sold by an AP commercial seller - it was sold privately. From an Admin point of view, we don't want to "take sides" unless we know all the facts. That is something that is best settled by the seller. Reputations are forged from the product that is sold and the post sales service.

After reading all comments on this thread, I would be asking for a full refund for the Fishtales.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline necroscope

• Forum Posts:
  • Romsey Vic
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »
This type of situation is bad for pinball as a hobby,maybe admin should look at a sticky on sellers like him that they have  nothing to do with AP but do use this site to peddle his container rejects to unsuspecting noobs and is in pinball to rip as many people as he can off. If this forum continues to say nothing then it will be contributing to the situation and it will keep happening.

Point taken, Ben. It is bad for the hobby, but we cannot police private sales. We need more information, and we don't have that before us (at this point).

At this point, I'd like to mention that to the best of my knowledge, the pinball was not sold by an AP commercial seller - it was sold privately. From an Admin point of view, we don't want to "take sides" unless we know all the facts. That is something that is best settled by the seller. Reputations are forged from the product that is sold and the post sales service.

After reading all comments on this thread, I would be asking for a full refund for the Fishtales.
totally understand nino,and would just like to point out that when you have a private container importer who is importing purely for profit and is using this site to advertise like he does here, which i understand anyone is free to do so.but when noobs look at his listings and constantly see machines advertised and marked as sold it tends to legitimise him as a reputable seller. edit: just realised noobs cant acsess the for sale section till so many posts so time for me to shut up.

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2010, 05:21:31 PM »
IMPORTANT NOTICE

You mentioned the transformer is Crackling and the capacitors are bludging.
It just came to me that the transformer maybe set to the wrong voltage or has been set to the wrong voltage before you got it.
DO NOT POWER IT UP UNTIL IT HAS BEEN SORTED OUT
the caps may EXPLODE and if the wrong fuse is in line with the transformer it may catch on fire

Sorry i didn't metion it before but it just came to me.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2010, 07:29:56 PM »

I have raised the idea with the other admins about how to provide some point of reference. I think I'll start a poll to see the thoughts of members.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”