Author Topic: Price check on these 3 machines  (Read 1629 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Price check on these 3 machines
« on: November 22, 2014, 05:14:57 AM »
Hi guys
Just wanting to know what these 3 machines are worth (approx)
Bally : playboy
data east : Maverick
Bally : Addams family

all are in full working condition, but not restored with good playfields. (no major wear from what i have seen)
asking on behalf of a customer of mine
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: Price check on these 3 machines
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »
Difficult to gauge the market with Playboy.

As is = $2500
Working = $3000
Reconditioned = $4000
Restored = $5000 +

Maverick

As is = $2000
Working = $2500
Reconditioned = $3000

Addams Family

They simply start at $6000 these days.

These are more guesstimates. "Reconditioned" is done at a reasonable level, not dealer level with globes and rubbers changed, but 40 year old capacitors still in the machine.

I could be way off with my figures as I don't follow eBay closely like I used to.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Freiherr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • The Oaks, NSW
  • Amongst clouds
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 02:14:41 PM »
I agree with Nino's guestimates. I was going to post earlier but thought better not in case I under value like CV recently.

My gut this morning said 2K for Maverick, 3K for Playboy and 5K for Adams. This is for a fair base machine and add 50% for better condition.
If you don't remember the 70s then you were on drugs.
If you remember playing pinball in the 70s you were having a good time.
If you don't remember anything,  then read about it here,

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 03:01:45 PM »
Price guide and factors to consider.

Maverick - 2250 to 2500 tops. Working paddle wheel motor and 100% working display. Below 2k for a beater with stuttering paddle wheel motor and display with missing lines/burn.

Addams Family - 5000 for average condition and work up from there. $6k for better than average but unshopped, $7k and up for a restored one with extra aftermarket addons. Biggest price factor with TAF is the degree of playfield wear as replacement playfields are almost non existent and playfield repair can quickly add up if using a 3rd party.

Offline 4_amusement_only

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 06:00:33 PM »
Yup you would definitely need the Maverick working for 2K.

Addams Family value now is crazy!

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2014, 06:15:38 PM »
I feel every price listed above is easily 30 percent well over the Mark.
Well over for playboy and Maverick.
Addams family are easily30 percent less than the 6and7 grand prices quoted prev in my opinion.

No one would pay more for a Addams than you can buy a brand new The Walking Dead for.

A lot of the supposable A titles from the 1990,s have died in prices.
I don't see them ever recovering to the silly prices that were once paid before every man n his dog imported containers 5 years ago. Everything has come right down in pricing.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 06:19:28 PM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 06:44:36 PM »
Addams family are easily30 percent less than the 6and7 grand prices quoted prev in my opinion.

No one would pay more for a Addams than you can buy a brand new The Walking Dead for.

I don't see them ever recovering to the silly prices that were once paid before every man n his dog imported containers 5 years ago. Everything has come right down in pricing.
Try WA prices and the prices Nino quoted are cheaper.
Everything has gone up in pricing Cavey! Where have you been hiding Dude?
Spare parts have tripled over the last two years, thus pinball machines have increased too, although not tripled.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 07:10:32 PM »

I'm not sure about Maverick - but I'll find out once the one I have coming sells.  ^^^

Addams Family - I get asked at least once a week. I have two customer's games that they bought Privately, as dealers want $6500+ for machines that still have old pop bumper bodies, broken sling plastics, chair wear and glued ramps. Both games I have for restoration were bought privately for around $6000. Just to be clear - They were $6000 BEFORE they were delivered to me for restoration. I think a recent private Addams went on eBay for just under $6000. They are are $6000 machine at least. There were a couple on fleabay last week for over $7000. Just checked now and I'm wrong - ASKING price is going up !

Playboy - Definitely correct on my prices, maybe a little conservative. Both Playboy's in the restoration queue will be $7000+ when completed. It would be rare to see even a project go for less than $2000. Dealers put junk games on the floor and ask for $4000. I know this as one of these is coming to my place for the High End treatment.

In Melbourne, prices are going up. 5 years ago, I could have bought a MINT Scared Stiff for $5000. I bought my CV for $4000. There's no way these game's prices have gone down. Collectors are getting smarter, as the prices have gone up, the collectors look for move value added. The general public will pay the higher prices. These "A" list games are EXPENSIVE to source these days. I have container lists and prices from 2008, and using Addams as an example - The price has more than doubled. There is no way sellers will drop prices, when they are paying more for the games.

Just a quick scan on fleabay last week - Now who would pay $8000+ for an average shopped out TZ ?

There are still stories of some games that fly under the radar, but they are rarer nowadays. If a nice Addams was presented to me for under $5000 - I'd buy at least 2 on the spot. I understand that fleabay is just being used to advertise machines and fish for suckers - but you only need one to bite, and that's the "set price" for the next one that hits the floor. Walk into a dealer / sellers with $5000 cash for an Addams and you will be shown the roughest container pin they have. It just does not happen these days.

Comparing an Addams with a NIB Walking Dead is interesting. Probably a discussion away from this thread perhaps ?

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Price check on these 3 machines
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 07:31:01 PM »
I'll never understand TAF prices there where shit loads made most are heavily played yet they demand crazy prices even in used/worn condition where'd they all go? The one you reconditioned a few years ago Nino went for 5k didn't it?(if my memory serves me right) To cheap that's a 8k machine now.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 07:50:36 PM »
Anyone paying those prices is insane and hasn't shopped around.

If the prices are very expensive in one state, then simply buy from another state like QLD where prices are dramatically cheaper than all other states.  Too many people getting ripped off who are newbie buyers .
After you have purchased over 50 DMD titles, you certainly don't pay top dollar or over the Mark, if anything, completely the opposite for excellent minty examples.

Shop around a lot before spending is my advice to anyone.

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Strangeways

• Administrator
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 07:53:32 PM »
I'll never understand TAF prices there where shit loads made most are heavily played yet they demand crazy prices even in used/worn condition where'd they all go? The one you reconditioned a few years ago Nino went for 5k didn't it?(if my memory serves me right) To cheap that's a 8k machine now.

Just checked my notes ;

I sold an Addams to a Collector on here on AP for $5800 in 2009. The machine is most likely still in excellent condition.
I sold an Addams to local Collector for $6500 in 2010. This was one of the Gold Cabinets with a standard playfield.

PRIOR to my first Addams in 2009, dealers were asking for $6000 for a "shopped" Addams. Accepting games with playfield wear, planking, chair wear, glued ramps, mansion wear and no board work was the norm.

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 07:55:42 PM »
Put it this way,
Ive always wanted a TAF but always baulked at the price.. im still baulking  %.% %.% %.% But if I was in the market to buy one, id make sure I had UP TO $6500 to play with. Be hoping for cheaper, but wouldn't be surprised to pay $6200 - $6500

Offline GORGAR 1

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 08:11:46 PM »

Just checked my notes ;

I sold an Addams to a Collector on here on AP for $5800 in 2009. The machine is most likely still in excellent condition.
I sold an Addams to local Collector for $6500 in 2010. This was one of the Gold Cabinets with a standard playfield.

PRIOR to my first Addams in 2009, dealers were asking for $6000 for a "shopped" Addams. Accepting games with playfield wear, planking, chair wear, glued ramps, mansion wear and no board work was the norm.

Yeah I was fairly close :) it was very nice and you put clear Ramps instead of smoked ones or vice versa :) gotta say great title and great game play so why shouldn't it demand high prices. I just expected with high build numbers there'd be more available.

Offline oldskool1969

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • perth
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2014, 10:32:24 PM »

If the prices are very expensive in one state, then simply buy from another state like QLD where prices are dramatically cheaper than all other states. 

Obviously!
Now add the freight cost ( approx. $350 for a decent courier) ,the risk of buying sight unseen and hoping you are not copping it in the axxse, no insurance on pinball machines to try and cover yourself and to top it of getting LOST in transit.
In an ideal world you would be correct.
If it isn't broke, it isn't pinball.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2014, 10:47:17 PM »
 Freight from Bris to Melb is $150.

Always a way to get high res photos or videos from any seller.
Send a pinhead or forum member from another state as a favour. Simple.
Never had a lost pin in over 50 sends n pickups .
You can get insurance for under $3,000 spends.
Never had a damaged pin either in 5 years.
Buying a pin from interstate is simple.

For those who want to see the pin, cheap $99 flights exist always.
Buying cheap and from interstate is easy. My excellent collection of 50 plus DMDs is living proof.

Don't be afraid to buy from afar if it means getting a nice pin at a much cheaper price.