Author Topic: WTB The Shadow  (Read 2711 times)

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Re: WTB The Shadow
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 01:21:43 PM »
Yeah, I think you r right - once at $6k you've got to look at titles like CV. I don't mind acdc (only Stern I've liked - boredom set in playing Iron Man once & kind of put me off).

How you getting on with Congo - it looked like a nice machine but you were saying it's a bit simplistic? Are you still enjoying that one?
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 01:24:21 PM »
Just had a look at evilbay & an acdc prem in vic is still sitting at $6450 with some mod or other (apparently exc condn, one owner - who knows without looking) - but my view is most ebay pins are $500+ overpriced - plus deal offline & save $300 immedly. So there's one effectively for $6k unsold.. Doesn't this suggest the price range starts at $6k or lower? And in Qld where pins are the cheapest in Oz - maybe just a tad lower still? I think if I'm patient I could find one for $5,500 or $5,750? Or am I missing something?

Not missing anything. You are spot on. ACDC prices are not going to increase as the market for them here is flooded. Close to 700 units by last count. The LE's will hold some value but the Premiums and Pros won't. Bide your time and you'll pick a Premium up in that price range (high $5k) from someone that is looking for quick cash.

Yeah, I think you r right - once at $6k you've got to look at titles like CV. I don't mind acdc (only Stern I've liked - boredom set in playing Iron Man once & kind of put me off).

Right place at the right time and you'll grab a stock standard excellent condition CV for $6k.  ^^^
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Circus-Voltaire-pinball-machine-/251821963740?clk_rvr_id=789772590900&rmvSB=true&nma=true&si=G34TcgF%252Bof%252BaHmibLcGXmqaBAnw%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

A tip would be to add both "Cirqus Voltaire" and "Circus Voltaire" to your list of ebay saved searches as it seems a lot of people spell the machine incorrectly and the listing gets missed.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:35:04 PM by pinsanity »

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2015, 01:28:22 PM »
Congo is gone too, it's a cool game and I had my fun with it. Best thing is I sold it to a mate, so I still get to play it from time to time.

You would need quite a bit more than 6k to snare a CV these days, mate of mine sold his late last year for 8k.

" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 01:29:42 PM »
Congo was just way to easy for me, had it well and truly beaten first week-end I bought it home.
If I had more room it may have stayed but there are other games to enjoy that I want.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 01:31:32 PM by Cow Corner »

Offline andypinboy

• Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2015, 04:32:49 PM »
Thanks guys. Pinsanity that ebay sale is interesting, thanks - I can't see when it was but if that machine was all working & as good as the photos then I reckon that was a pretty good buy - great to know these come up occasionally for this money.

Thanks too cowcorner - I've played a few games on Congo & like the artwork - but given yr assessment I'm crossing it off my list. Sounds a bit easy.

And have you guys seen the "collector's quality" MM on ebay? I think they are asking $16k (dealer).
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2015, 04:45:14 PM »
Thanks guys. Pinsanity that ebay sale is interesting, thanks - I can't see when it was but if that machine was all working & as good as the photos then I reckon that was a pretty good buy - great to know these come up occasionally for this money.

Thanks too cowcorner - I've played a few games on Congo & like the artwork - but given yr assessment I'm crossing it off my list. Sounds a bit easy.

And have you guys seen the "collector's quality" MM on ebay? I think they are asking $16k (dealer).

Only a month old on that CV so it is a recent sale. I only got the email notification because I have both "Cirqus" and "Circus" as a saved search. The last ebay one before that was mine at $8k and it was collector quality with aftermarket mods, so anyone paying that kind of price point (8k) for a CV would realistically want something better than factory standard.

RE: The MM - overpriced for what it is. I could do a better deal than that on a ground up restored MM (new playfield/cab decals/plastics/ramp set the works) plus chrome trim/door and mods.
That's dealer pricing for you though.  #@#

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2015, 05:05:48 PM »

Get games that you like and want, don't take my word for anything.
For what it's worth I would grab a 6k CV tomorrow if I could find one..................
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 05:31:06 PM by Cow Corner »