Author Topic: Gtb Quick Draw  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Gtb Quick Draw
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 10:50:39 PM »
Time for another small update...

I haven't had much time lately to devote to this project, but about a week ago i decided to tidy up the standup targets which were looking rather shabby.
To do this, i used the same clear window decal material used for the inserts (2nd pic shows printed decals, extras in case of f@#kups!!).

I took a good square on picture of one of the targets rather that trying to scan it, then cleaned up and resized the image in photostudio ready to print. I then cleaned off the old bullseye markings with prepsol, polished them with Re-po paint doctor (this made the rivet nice n shiny too!), then wiped them over with prepsol again to remove the wax from the Re-po paint doctor so the decal would stick properly. before applying the decal i used a hole punch to remove the centre of the decal so it would go over the rivet on the target. Then i trimmed off the excess decal with a scalpel, and applied some mylar over the decal to protect it. The mylar too was hole punched to go over the rivet.

Last two pics show the targets in the PF holes, i still had some trimming to do when these pics were taken, hence the jagged edges that can be seen (trimming has been done now).