Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6389 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2016, 09:14:54 PM »
Well, had 2 big days spent on this project, with some big progress. First a huge thanks to  a couple of mates who helped out as well. Was a heap of fun mucking about with wiring harnesses and yarning and having a couple of games as well on other machines.

Hooked in and finished the switch matrix, with no errors on testing!  Getting the optos sorted took a bit of time, but was fun.

Then got into wiring the coil harness. I put every coil with a plugged connection, rather than directly soldering to the lugs. Took a lot longer, but makes it a lot easier if assemblies are removed (hopefully there is no need to!).  I had to run one extra coil signal wire, as the NBA FB did not use that wire colour due to less coils being used in it.  Only one minor error in that i got the hold and power lugs mixed up on the diverter - picked this up testing when it pulled it in a lot harder in the 'hold' test than 'power' test. Switched those lugs around and all good.

Our 5 year old absolutely loved it when i got the trolls working and to pop up out of the playfield... and i must say i was equally excited.

Getting the coils in also meant installing all the assemblies that would have been in the road for the previous looms (switch, lamps and GI), so it is looking a lot more like a pinball machine now.

Pics don't really show a huge amount of difference, although there are certainly a lot more wires connected to stuff since last update.

A solid day or so would get this to playable/test state, but don't have a heap of time at the moment, so will see how i go.