Author Topic: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion  (Read 6388 times)

Offline robm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Townsville
Re: NBA FB to Medieval Madness Conversion
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2016, 07:04:13 AM »
Have spent a few hours in the evenings the past week working on this, not a lot of progress and one hold up.

Thought i would power the drawbridge up with a battery and see how it looked with a few more things installed.  As is turned out, i had either the drawbridge a mm to far to the left, or the moat a mm too far to the right (or a combination of both) and the arm of the drawbridge caught on the side of the cutout of the moat, and stripped a gear of the drawbridge.  So have to wait a week until that part turns up.

Also, there is a lot of time spent adjusting things when you do not buy each part exactly, but try and customise a few things from existing spares.  For example - the blade angel, height and throw of the catapult switch was a real pain to get right - too high, and the switch was constantly on, too low, and it wouldn't actuate, if the angle was wrong, the ball would get stuck, or the catapult would return back on top of the switch! Anyway, its working fine now.

Ramps are all wired up now, just need to terminate the wires on matching plugs to what i have under the pf