Author Topic: Wms Travel Time  (Read 3934 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Travel Time
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2010, 06:47:50 PM »
Hi peoples, just a small update;

Yesterday and today i got some of the fluoro orange done, in the clock section of the pf in the middle.

While sanding the pf in preparation for the pink, i noticed a couple of spots where i rubbed thru the black key lines (which will be redone anyway), and noticed the difference in the orange which was hidden under the black, showing me just how faded the orange colour is as well! I didnt get a pic of the different shades of orange, it would've been hard to get a decent pic showing this... trust me it is faded!! which has prompted me to want to redo all of the orange as well.

Anyway once again i started masking off for the white basecoat (i had sanded the whole area previously), 1st pic, i have used blue masking tape for the outside edges and book contact in the middle for the inserts and text.

BTW yesterday i spent some time removing and relevelling these inserts as necessary, flattening them by sanding them on 80 grit sandpaper, followed by 400 grit. Then reglueing them in with PVA glue which seems wo work well holding them in nice and firm once dried. the three top inserts i ended up leaving alone, as when i tried removing them the ply was starting to separate.. even after heating them  ^&^ so i ended up leaving them in, and since these ones were not too bad anyway was another reason to leave them.

Pics show the progress;