Author Topic: Wms Travel Time  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
Re: Wms Travel Time
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2010, 03:14:01 AM »
Looks great Mitch . How do you stop from respraying the whole PF when the areas you touchup look so good ?
Thanks for the encouragement by the way  ^^^

Cheers
Dave

Thanks Dave.. and re my encouragement, you're most welcome ^^^

I only repaint whole areas like i've done here, when i absolutely have to... ie a large area of one solid colour that is either badly faded as these areas were, or if there is a patch of wear that would be difficult to match exactly.. so i'll repaint the whole area in a close, but not exact shade of that colour. that way the repairs wont be noticeable because the whole area has been painted, and so long as the wear holes are properly primed/filled and levelled first.

In really busy/high detailed areas of pf art with several colours and some wear its much easier to hide a slightly off colour match.. it'll be less noticeable due to the detailed artwork and still look good. So only the fluoro colours (pink and orange), and the white will be completely redone on this pf, the rest is pretty good and i'll only have to do the 'paint&smear' trick for the few spots of pinhole wear that are present., with waterbased acrylics, as per Clays pf restoration guides.

hope that all makes sense :D :D

Cheers... Mitch