Aussie Pinball Forums > Handy hints and tips

DISHWASHER cleaning

(1/3) > >>

oldskool1969:
I have recently installed part of my new kitchen and now have a dishwasher.
Got me thinking, what can I throw in a dishwasher for cleaning as far as pinball goes?

So far;
metal parts    -  Baywatch brass plated wire forms, clean but still need re-chroming, drop target assemblies,posts,anything without coils  etc.             worked well  ^^^
plastics          - still sceptical as the heat generated is pretty high and worried about warping. Flipper buttons are cool!
plastic ramps  -  would like to try this, but need others experiences. I can see this being really good even with micro switches attached  !@#
PCB's                  -  really would like to try, I would remove the IC's etc so just diodes, transistors and the like . Will try on play field light boards first, need feedback.

Any feed back appreciated before I destroy shit

ralph67:
Wash your dishes with it only Andy you idiot!  %.% Probably to hot for anything plastic to start with except for posts .
Circuit boards , you can use circuit board cleaner spray , dont ffs put them in the dishwasher  #(&
With ramps the flame method works well enough ...

Pop Bumper Pete:
I'd be more worried that the dishwasher does not completely drain after a cycle, and then washing your dishes with contaminated water

Mr Pinbologist:

--- Quote ---plastic ramps  -  would like to try this, but need others experiences. I can see this being really good even with micro switches attached
--- End quote ---

I dont know if i'd be putting anything with a switch on it thru a dishwasher, i'd be inclined to remove them first  *%*

Steevsee:
Often clean my dirty PCBs with the dishwasher. 

No switches or enclosed relays left on board and you usually lose any warranty or other stickers.
Edit: Also remove any socketed chips.
Blow out thoroughly with compressed air, especially under ICs, and allow to heat in sun for a few hours after.

Much easier to work on when clean and shiny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version