Author Topic: Machines With Leds ! Excellent Results. What A Difference. Photos.  (Read 22427 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Wow, big job ahead mate but it will be well worth it.  

I use 47 globes as opposed to the 44's, not quite as bright but that means a little bit less stress on the boards and a little bit less heat as well.

Some machines are so much easier to put LEDs into than others. TURTLES for example is so easy with easy under playfield access, where CONGO was difficult with heaps of stuff in the way of globe holders etc. GILLIGANS was half n half with the difficulty factor. I had a look at Star Trek Next Gen for an example,and again can be challenging in some areas. After TURTLES, I will finish TWISTER which is mostly done and then FISHTLES the probably POPEYE etc. So many to do, but I will make it fun.
I will just patiently do a machine each week.  I tend to dislike 47 globes, just not bright enough. With the machines only on for a few hours here n there, or for say 6 to 8 hrs maximum for a pinball party, I dont mind the 44 globes and brightness for General Illumination.  Doing each machine one by one shld keep me busy and off the streets.lol  %.%   By the time u finish doing a machine with full LEDs, u feel like a nap. Getting old at 41 yrs.  
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:36:55 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !