Author Topic: Fitting a new coin door to system 11 Williams pinball  (Read 1549 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
Re: Fitting a new coin door to system 11 Williams pinball
« on: August 21, 2009, 02:34:28 AM »
I started by drawing a pin conection diagram for the old door and a wiring diagram for the new door.
I then removed the pins from the plug on the old door & the wires from the plug on the new door.
Next I removed the adjustment switches from both and soldered + attached the old 3 switch holder to the new door ensuring the diode was wired correctly.
I then added the diodes to the coin switches and modified the slam tilt switch by adding an extra solder point for the diode connection like the slam tilt contacts on the old door has. unfortunately the mounting screw holes on these two contact sets are different. Fortunately the hole spacing for the new slam tilt has the same spacing as an EOS contact set so i was able to use a spacer and shortend leaf from an old EOS for the extra solder point i needed on the new slam tilt.
The return for the slam tilt was then spliced to the common return from the coin & high score reset switches.
Then the wires where attached to the pins and inserted in the old plug.
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)