Author Topic: Taking my son to our first Pinfest :)  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Ant

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Taking my son to our first Pinfest :)
« on: August 11, 2015, 06:06:21 PM »
Hey Guys,

I've been trying to get to pinfest for a lonnnggg time now and the pinball gods have finally let everything fall into place for me this time $#$
So I'm packing my bags and the family and heading off. Why the family I hear you ask?????

Long story short
 Well, we were going to Newcastle to see my mother-in-law in september sometime  ^.^ !!! didn't know when just knew that we had to go. So I was desperately looking for something to do in and around Newcastle...... Pizza and pinball ...... track down a few pubs that had pins (still working on that), ect ....... Then my son said "PINFEST is on the weekend that you have your RDO", "now the two of us will have something to do that weekend".

He doesn't want to spend all weekend with the wicked witch either :lol .   So that was that, we booked in to visit the "mother-in-law" on the 19th & 20th ^&(

On another note. Are there any pins for sale at pinfest? Just need to know if I'm to take the duel-cab. &&  The wife still doesn't know about pinfest.   #@!

Looking for The Simpsons Pinball Party and Dungeons and Dragons.

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
Re: Taking my son to our first Pinfest :)
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 09:17:19 PM »
Great !!  See you there .

There is actually a website up and running to advertise the event :

http://pinfest.com.au/

Tickets can be pre-purchased through the site but I think there are a few glitches at the moment which they are sorting out . Can still buy them at the door on the day . We won't sell out as there is no limit etc.

Pins for sale ... YES .. I believe there will be some . As all of the general play machines are ALL donated by local , and some not so local , pinheads from their own personal collections I am not sure on who has what for sale .

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 09:42:09 PM »
Great !!  See you there .

There is actually a website up and running to advertise the event :

http://pinfest.com.au/

Tickets can be pre-purchased through the site but I think there are a few glitches at the moment which they are sorting out . Can still buy them at the door on the day . We won't sell out as there is no limit etc.

Pins for sale ... YES .. I believe there will be some . As all of the general play machines are ALL donated by local , and some not so local , pinheads from their own personal collections I am not sure on who has what for sale .

Are you involved with the NPA MrMaloo?

Offline MrMaloo

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Cessnock NSW
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 10:43:36 PM »
Yeah I'm one of their many members .

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 10:45:19 PM »

I was going to go last year, and then planned to go this year but life got in the way. I'm hoping to go next year. Allentown has always been a "Mecca" for me and I can't wait to FINALLY get there and meet up with some of the local personalities.

I've watched this video Todd Tuckey did this year at least 6 times ;

I really hope to take my son to his first Pinfest ;

http://www.pinfestival.com/

The original and best !
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline greenechidna

• Forum Posts:
  • straight down the guts
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 11:22:57 PM »
Pinfest is great but really crowded during the public sessions....see if you can get into members night somehow.

Definitely go to Pizza & Pinball....great pizza, BYO, and 6 machines at $1 a go. Wife and I had a great night there earlier this year.

Wonderful to see cheap, well maintained games on site and the pizza is really, really good.

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 06:12:54 PM »
Hmmmm. Members night you say. #.#
It would be great to get my son and I into the members night for our first pinfest  PM me if you can *%*

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 06:39:11 PM »
It's not so much "members night" but "helpers night" where the people who supplied the machines make any running repairs.

It would be great to get my son and I into the members night for our first pinfest  PM me if you can *%*
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 06:58:53 PM »

Thanks for the disclosure and good to see you are posting about this on AP.

Hopefully other information pertaining to the event can be shared more freely between the forums this time around.

Looking forward to reading future official timely posts from you as the NPA representative to keep us up to date.

Offline PinPal

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney, Australia
  • Pinpal Pinball
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 07:21:00 PM »
Fantastic, Am so looking forward to this years Pinfest 2015, be there most of Saturday and have a crack at the comp to.  *%*

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2015, 11:21:14 AM »
It's not so much "members night" but "helpers night" where the people who supplied the machines make any running repairs.

Will There be a Thunderbirds there to try?  && %$%  $%$

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 12:49:51 AM »
Fantastic, Am so looking forward to this years Pinfest 2015, be there most of Saturday and have a crack at the comp to.  *%*

No comp this year, the Australian Championship last year spread the volunteers too thin, but still plenty of machines to play.

Offline blue95

• Forum Posts:
  • Hunter Valley
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 12:56:55 AM »
Another place to check out is Newcastle Supa Putt, next to the Knights/Jets stadium at Broadmeadow. They have about half dozen nice pins in the gamesroom there. http://www.newcastlesupaputt.com.au/

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to get to pinfest for a lonnnggg time now and the pinball gods have finally let everything fall into place for me this time $#$
So I'm packing my bags and the family and heading off. Why the family I hear you ask?????

Long story short
 Well, we were going to Newcastle to see my mother-in-law in september sometime  ^.^ !!! didn't know when just knew that we had to go. So I was desperately looking for something to do in and around Newcastle...... Pizza and pinball ...... track down a few pubs that had pins (still working on that), ect ....... Then my son said "PINFEST is on the weekend that you have your RDO", "now the two of us will have something to do that weekend".

He doesn't want to spend all weekend with the wicked witch either :lol .   So that was that, we booked in to visit the "mother-in-law" on the 19th & 20th ^&(

On another note. Are there any pins for sale at pinfest? Just need to know if I'm to take the duel-cab. &&  The wife still doesn't know about pinfest.   #@!

Offline Ant

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 03:25:51 PM »
 ^^^ Thanks blue95 . Might even get in some mini putt putt

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »

Thanks for the disclosure and good to see you are posting about this on AP.

Hopefully other information pertaining to the event can be shared more freely between the forums this time around.

Looking forward to reading future official timely posts from you as the NPA representative to keep us up to date.

I guess not..... :lol