Author Topic: Anyone able to check a pin in Brisbane?  (Read 494 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Anyone able to check a pin in Brisbane?
« on: January 11, 2012, 06:18:18 PM »
Just wondering if a member in Brisbane - near Kingston - is able to check out a pin for me? @@^

I have been looking at a pin (a Tommy #*#) that is in Kingston QLD, but the seller is unable to pack it /deliver to freight carrier, and is also reluctant to sell it unless I or someone else checks it out.

I am hoping there may be an AP member that lives close by who could at least check it out for me. If it's all good, my next hurdle will be figuring out how to get it to a freight carrier.  !@#

Cheers,

Andy

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
Re: Anyone able to check a pin in Brisbane?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:36:18 PM »
That is one lazy seller if you ask me..l am flat out this week but if you need someone to check it out next week I am available.
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
Cheers Cow Corner ^^^,

I will wait a while to see if any other members are in a position to help as well.

In the mean time I will get some contact details from the seller and find out when they are free etc.

Thanks again for the offer!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:00:36 PM »
No worries mate, I am glad to help out if I can.
Let me know if you need me to have a look next week and I will go and inspect it and take some photos for you. ^^^

Offline pinballowner

• Forum Posts:
  • Qld south of Brisbane
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:11:54 PM »
That is one lazy seller if you ask me..l am flat out this week but if you need someone to check it out next week I am available.

Thanks for calling me a lazy seller but I would prefer somebody local to check the pin out to see that it is working 100% I don't want it to get to the other end having been damaged in transit or not packed properly then the buyer starts a shit fight saying I sold a not working machine. I am not set up to pack and send and haven't done it before so if that limits who I can sell it to then so be it. I have sent heaps of photos and a vid to the interested person.

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 11:18:01 PM »
I call it as I see it,it's easier to sell pins this way....I have never packed a pinball up either until this yr and although I wouldn't call myself a professional at it I reckon I did a good job. I don't offer shipping...buyer can organise that but wrapping+ possible move to local transport and hd photos and detailed descriptions I can do.
It's worked for me thus far.

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 01:38:23 AM »
I am happy to look at the machine if anyone wants a hand. I have packed and shipped many machines etc so i would happily help out. Send me a PM and i can go look at it anyday the seller is happy. I could wrap n send, or help the buyer, its easy for me, just get it over n done with, and it makes the pinball much safer to ship.

For anyone who wants some info on packing and sending a machine, I will throw in some tips. Firstly, it does cost between $50 and $80 in materials to do it properly, not the bodgy way. You go to Bunnings and buy a large roll of clear plastic wrap, together with a large roll of cardboard. It comes all ready for a wrap job etc. You wrap the legs together in plastic, with cardboard on the outside etc. all bolts etc are wrapped with the legs, and NOTHING is put inside the machine. Keys are taped to the glass or on lockbar ofcourse. Machine can be sat on its back and u simply start wrapping with a little plastic wrap first. This makes it easy for the cardboard wrap to be taped to machine etc. Then finished off with generous wrap of plastic etc. Key is too take ya time. I have a depot near me so I always drop off to the depot.

Next timne I wrap n send a machine, I will take photos etc. People sometimes just wrap in plastic, but thats bodgy n cheap and doesnt protect machine properly.
I bought a machine off Blair(Pintox) last year and he wraps them well. Effort equals success. I have a few mates who only wrap in plastic without cardboard which is asking for trouble. I say send a machine the same way u would like to recieve it. Remembering, it is your problem til the machine arrives safely and undamaged. Lots cardboard is much better.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 01:42:07 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 08:27:25 AM »
Thanks for the wrapping tips Brett . Handy info for the future
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:05:18 AM »
Good tips cavey, cheers for the info, should do a thread with some photos as it will help so people contemplating sending machines.
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline roundball

• Forum Posts:
  • BNE - The only place to be.
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 10:01:16 PM »
This was my old machine.!

I can tell you that when I sold it to Pinballowner it had a switch issue on the plunger and that was all, it was a bit bent out of shape. Otherwise it was (still is I'm sure) a spanking machine. Brilliant and unmarked playfield, super fast as TOMMY's are and a very clean cab with slight wear only around the flipper buttons.  Everything worked including the blinds, IMO the only issue was the reflection on the MIRROR, a little bit crinkled but it was original and is insignificant.  Everything worked including the blinds.  It even had the original topper when I sold it, probably still does.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:21:11 PM »

I've packed and sent plenty of pins without incident. My tip would be to go to a bike store, or an appliance store and ask them for their leftover cardboard. Bike stores in particular have THICKER cardboard. Also, it's free and better than buying recycled cardboard.

After wrapping the game in cardboard, use plastic wrap and then finish it off with GOOD QUALITY packing tape. Don't buy the cheap bunnings tape that is sold in rolls cheap.

I packed a machine for Gavin (retropin's Rally Comics) and I used a discarded Plasma TV packing box. Took me two hours to wrap properly - but it took him half a day to unpack  #@#
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2012, 10:25:21 PM »

I've packed and sent plenty of pins without incident. My tip would be to go to a bike store, or an appliance store and ask them for their leftover cardboard. Bike stores in particular have THICKER cardboard. Also, it's free and better than buying recycled cardboard.

After wrapping the game in cardboard, use plastic wrap and then finish it off with GOOD QUALITY packing tape. Don't buy the cheap bunnings tape that is sold in rolls cheap.

I packed a machine for Gavin (retropin's Rally Comics) and I used a discarded Plasma TV packing box. Took me two hours to wrap properly - but it took him half a day to unpack  #@#

...And filled up the recycle bin!

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2012, 10:26:04 PM »
This was my old machine.!

I can tell you that when I sold it to Pinballowner it had a switch issue on the plunger and that was all, it was a bit bent out of shape. Otherwise it was (still is I'm sure) a spanking machine. Brilliant and unmarked playfield, super fast as TOMMY's are and a very clean cab with slight wear only around the flipper buttons.  Everything worked including the blinds, IMO the only issue was the reflection on the MIRROR, a little bit crinkled but it was original and is insignificant.  Everything worked including the blinds.  It even had the original topper when I sold it, probably still does.

If it was one of your pins mate I bet it it is good example.

Offline Ant68

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 12:58:49 AM »
And forget ,before you fold down the head box to put to good cushioning material between the head box and play feild so you won't damage  either side of the head box that rest on the side armour . ^^^

Offline andtan

• Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2012, 08:29:27 PM »
My Tommy pin has arrived #*# - now time to unpack it and perhaps have a game $#$