Author Topic: GTB COUNTDOWN PLASTICS  (Read 647 times)

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
GTB COUNTDOWN PLASTICS
« on: March 17, 2009, 10:00:17 PM »
Im after a few plastics off a countdown playfield if not originals some scans would be great so i can make some up. I have parts from  under the playfield if anyone needs them?

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Re: GTB COUNTDOWN PLASTICS
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 10:31:59 PM »
If you dont get any originals from this post in the next week or so, then let me know which ones you need scanned and I will email them to you
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 10:40:14 PM »
Thanks Dean That would be great.

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 10:05:22 PM »
Hi ,I have a set of N.O.S countdown plastics which can be scaned but need to know what to do to scan them..+ have old set not complete ,will have to know which ones you need..cheers bd

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:01 PM »
Basically all i do to scan plastics is put them into my scanner go to a Photo program and select Aquire image from scanner usually in the file menu.  Set the DPI to 300 - 600  and scan it in then when i print it out its exactly the right size.  The ones im after are the two big ones up near the ball arch and the left slingshot one.  There is one broken one but i cant remember which one.

Offline big dog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Grafton
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 10:28:46 PM »
I will check the game at work ,tomorrow.I'ii be back

Offline millsy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »
Basically all i do to scan plastics is put them into my scanner go to a Photo program and select Aquire image from scanner usually in the file menu.  Set the DPI to 300 - 600  and scan it in then when i print it out its exactly the right size.  The ones im after are the two big ones up near the ball arch and the left slingshot one.  There is one broken one but i cant remember which one.
Daniel,
What do you do with them after they are printed -do you get them done elsewhere or do you do it yourself, interested to know how they are attached to the plastic itself  !@#
Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:11 PM »
Hey Kev
             I print them onto transparent sticker paper the trick is to reverse the image so the sticky side faces up then you paint the back of the paper white cut it out and stick it onto your fresh cut plastic.  Here is one i made up for my Phoenix wall hanger i couldnt help myself but improve the original design lol

Offline millsy

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2009, 11:12:36 PM »
Daniel,
I have the scanner,photoshop & inkjet printer - where do you get the paper & plastic from ? Do you use a jigsaw for the plastic cutting ?
Hope Im not bombarding you with too many questions - would like to have a go re-doing my Bazaar plastics. I bought repos for my jumping jack as they were available at PBR.
Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 06:36:51 AM »
I get the transparent sticker sheets from office works and yes i use a jigsaw to cut the plastics.  Ask as many questions as you like im glad to help

Offline millsy

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 07:24:53 PM »
I get the transparent sticker sheets from office works and yes i use a jigsaw to cut the plastics.  Ask as many questions as you like im glad to help
Last question - What type of white paint do you use & where do you get the plastic material ?
Kev *!@
pinballaustralia.com

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:21:03 PM »
i just use white spraypaint from bunnings and i buy the plastic from a place called resiplex just check the phone book for a local plastic suppliers

Offline millsy

• Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra
  • pinballaustralia.com
    • Pinball Australia
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 08:37:37 PM »
Last Last silly question -reason why aked about the type of paint - wondering the illumination showing through plastic is same as original. Is it acrylic or enamel white paint. By the way I work at Bunnings - anyone wanting to now if we keep certain items -I can help.
Kev
pinballaustralia.com

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 09:31:19 PM »
Seems to work best for me with white acrylic primer, as it has a matt finish. The lack of gloss means it doesn't reflect light back.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline ddstoys

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 10:15:01 PM »
Good idea nick ive only ever made them for my wall hangers so they have no lights under them but yes primer would probably be best