Author Topic: KISS Pinball - I wanna "Shout it out Loud"  (Read 7806 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: KISS Pinball - I wanna "Shout it out Loud"
« on: January 10, 2015, 11:12:41 AM »
I'm told it is definite. Not from anyone associated with Stern.  #@#

I've given my  :2cents: several times, and the topic of what incarnation of the band is represented on "any" product is a topic of furious debate on KISS Forums. Just to put things into context - If AC/DC replaced Angus with a short guitarist dressed in a school boys' uniform replaced Angus - would AC/DC fans accept that ? Pinball fans won't care - they buy the machine to play the game and possibly would not know the difference.

KISS fans (like Gorgar1 and many others) are roughly the same age. Most are SERIOUS Hardcore KISS fans - and no matter what anyone says - there is no other band with this sort of fanbase. Unique because of their history and WHO had been in the band - during what period. There are "original" fans (like me) that have followed the band since their heyday (1973-1978), then there are fans that picked up the band after they removed the makeup, then there are fans that follow the band since the Reunion. There are even fans of the current lineup - and here's where the topic turns to crap - Today's version of KISS is a cover band. Two member's dress, look and play like Peter Criss and Ace Frehley. So WHEN this game is released - who will be represented on the artwork - and from what period will the music be derived from ? Most original fans still celebrate the entire career (41 years), but ignore what the band is doing these days with the one exception - The induction into the RARHOF - which for the first time in history, chose bands based on public votes. Guess what line up was inducted ? The originals..

A quick scan of the merchandise section - 75% of the merch has the original members.
The last Aussie Tour - Both Etihad shows had run out of the original line up T-Shirts, and had a surplus of the designs with the current lineup.

An interesting fact for stern to consider - The WORST selling and least favorite solo album was Peter Criss' - it went platinum, but it is considered the worst album with the KISS logo on it. The current line up have released two albums that combined sales would have struggled to reach GOLD status in the USA (500,000 units).

So Stern really need to do a lot of homework on this title. Outside Pinball, most of my "longtime" buddies are music fans, KISS fans, or were in bands. There's at least 8 Stern KISS machines that would be sold DEPENDING on how they present it.

Original members with original artwork and music = Massive sales.
Cover band members with recent artwork and music = Biggest Stern flop of all time.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia