Author Topic: Hi everyone, greetings from the UK, or what remains of it anyway....  (Read 956 times)

Offline classicpinballs.co.uk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Kent, England
    • Classic Pinballs
I entered my collection on the Collection area on the site the other day, and have just realised that perhaps I ought to do something here too, so here goes:

I've been playing pintables since I was about 10 years old, and have never really stopped being a lover of them. Obviously, as my collection tells you, my real love are the EM machines of the 1960's, especially Gottliebs. It was the advent of the internet that made me realise just how many machines have survived to this time, a great statement of fact to their build quality I guess!

As I have now semi-retired, I have lots more spare time to carry on with my restoration work, I enjoy doing EM machines as they are the 'Morris Minor' of their day, nice and easy to comprehend, whereas electronic machines dont really tell you whats wrong when they develop a fault.

I know, via email, a few Aussie guys who are also into my type of game, so its nice to be able to join up with you all.

All the best, Doug. AKA Classicpinballs.co.uk

PS. Will Pinball Rescue ever get back together again, that sure was some site! Mind you, I guess that was before all the copyright stuff going on.....!  Hope so, sure could use some of those GTB Arch tray decals they made, amongst other things!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Welcome! Yes, there is a lot of love around here for your favorite games.

When I read "greetings from the UK, or what remains of it anyway....", I thought "Dis-united Kingdom", don't know why!

Enjoy the site, and I hope the Kinglake pin acquisition comes off.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
hello mate,
I left UK in 95 and brought my Segasa Travel Time with me. It was one of the things i couldnt bear to part with along with my records and books. My coat i left in a bin at Heathrow and ive never needed or owned one since.

"I go where the sun keeps shining in the pouring rain, go where the weather suits my clo..o..o..oothes"..........LOL!!!!!!

I saw your line up of titles...quite impressive!

Im getting my dad to ship me over some Allwin machines - these go for a few $$ here but can still be picked up at car boot sales cheaply in your neck of the world.

...Enjoy the site!!!

Cheers!!

Gavin

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Great to see we have members from all over the world that share the same passion.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

Welcome Doug - Great post !

Enjoy the site.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ktm450

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong, Victoria
 %)% Doug  $!&

Offline felixthadog

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
Hi & welcome Doug!

Matthew

Offline The pinballist formally known as Dean Morgan

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Berwick Vic
Please read the following in the Queens English:  $.$ and  %)% good chap.
Im a Gottlieb Man - System 1 & 80 Rock

Offline illawarra_steelers

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Illawarra, NSW
Hi Doug,

Great to see you finally made it here - welcome!

That list of games is just to die for!  ^^^

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Jolly good show, what. So pleased to have you aboard. Toodle-oo.