Author Topic: Double new Pin day  (Read 2248 times)

Offline andtan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Canberra, ACT
Re: Double new Pin day
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:37:31 PM »
My JP developed the missing background sounds the other day. Reseated the ribbon cables to the sound board and touch wood it seems to have dissapeared. JP is so addictive. Love it.

After a bit of fiddling I found that the left / right movement of T-Rex seemed to be causing the issue. It would sometimes move smoothly from left to right, but then it would jam hard at the left hand side (looking from the front) and the motor / gearbox would make some labouring noises and the T-Rex sound would loop. In test mode, both the left and right flipper buttons would make it move to the left !@#

I disabled the left to right movements for T-Rex for the moment and it seems to have stopped the sound looping. I have a sneaking suspsicion that getting T-Rex to move properly make take a bit more work though. Now instead of swallowing the ball, he spits it out @.@

I also managed to fix the lower left flipper issue which was an EOS switch with bad contacts. The upper right flipper is suffering from the Data East fuse clip problem, so I'll have to get me some fuse clips and change them all over.

At least the kids can play it now, which means I can tackle the other things at my leisure.