Author Topic: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012  (Read 5252 times)

Offline Olivia_jason

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: STERN Production to date - 1999 to 2012
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2012, 11:04:47 PM »
I have to respectfully disagree with 99 percent of what u have said. Stern employs around 60 people plus, has a turnover in the dozens of millions per annum, and makes machines that alot, ALOT of people love.
He has probably around 6,000 or more machine sales per year. Thats 6,000 people who like his product in 30 different countries. That DOES take a smart businessman who is very switched on. Results speak and he HAS the runs on the board.

Some people will never be happy with what Stern does, no matter what Stern does. Its easy when u are on the outside looking in, but it would be ALOT different sitting in Gary Sterns chair.
If anyone has any brilliant ideas, email them to Stern !

Outside Looking in?? im on the side where i have to decide to buy or not. i can go through sega,capcom,b/w,dateast and find titles i want to buy, but Stern?? whilst he may not give a crap what i think about these titles or others, that maybe the reason he only sells 6000 games a year, thats not very many games really. im not asking for 100% hit rate but mate they arent inspiring machines by any stretch, name one theme stern has made out of that list that was none licensed and successful? How much money on a pinball sale would go into the license that is meaning budget cutting from the build??? these licensed titled arent value for money, your paying for some ones brand only and the deisgn can only work within the brands restriction.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 11:13:48 PM by Olivia_jason »