Author Topic: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo  (Read 1864 times)

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:25:50 PM »
I have literally just come off the phone to Rian.

ALL asked questions will be on the website tomorrow afternoon. So before speculating about whether the auction should be held or not - read what Rian has to say tomorrow.

In the meantime, he has given me permission to post some limited information.

Expo is NOT a cheap exercise - the money for this is being paid up front - believe me, the figures are quite staggering.
 $$(
This is PRIVATE money out of peoples pockets to get this up and running for the first year.

This money HAS to be recouped and the only realistic way of doing this within the context of pinball, is to have an auction of pins.

No other pins are allowed to be sold because it means that those auctioned may not be sold off and Expo outlays may not be recovered.

Next year Expo will be set up differently.

Now.... in my own words and this is not what Rian has told me, this is how i see it.
can anyone explain to me why those that are funding it should be out of pocket so other vendors can sell pins.
its quite simple - to have a stall at Expo is $500 - you can sell what you like, take orders etc. But you cant sell pins.
Now if the cost of expo is to be recouped simply off the stall holders fees then i for one wouldnt be able to afford it.

EXPO IS OVER 2 DAYS - only 2hrs on Sunday is for the auction. if you dont like the idea of an auction, then dont go.
If you let the fact that you dont like auctions ruin the weekend for you then that is something that youll just have to deal with. People are saying they will not go because there is an auction, so for 2hrs out of a potential 16 - 20hrs you will stay away??
Then stay away! And miss out on Expo #1, i couldnt care less.
Nope - i wont be attending the auction, ill still be in the Expo side chatting to those who have concentrated on the positives of all this and not what they percieve to be a negative...its 2hrs out of a WHOLE weekend for Chrissakes - go and have lunch and come back - will be over before your tears dry