Author Topic: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Pinball Fixers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Montrose, VIC
Re: THE PINBALL AUCTION expo
« on: February 08, 2009, 05:30:05 PM »
I'm with you on this SPURR. I have seen far to many pinball auctions over the years, and the vast majority do have reserves on the pinballs for auction.

Auctions make people believe that they are going to get a bargain, and it gets people in the door. But usually the case is that the seller is trying to get rid of the crap at a good price, and the buyer gets ripped off.

I've been called out to many a pinball that was sold at auction, only to inform the customer that there will be a lot of work needed to get the machine up to scratch. They are usually very upset at this stage, as their "bargain" is now going to cost them a lot more money just to make it work properly!

I also think it detracts from the whole idea of a pinball expo. Expo should be about enthusiasts getting together to talk pinball, meet fellow pinball fans from around the country (and possibly the globe), and have an enjoyable experience. I have no problem with pinball's, parts, tools, etc... being available for sale during the expo, as this is what many people will be after, and is what helps pinball companies to get their name out there. That's what I will be going for (well, probably not to buy anything), and am looking forward to meeting people who share the passion about pinball.

So for me, it is a big NO to having an auction!