Author Topic: Any FORD owners on here ?  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Any FORD owners on here ?
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:13:47 PM »
Well done guys for your answers.

In years gone by,

I have had 351 ZJ and ZK Fairlanes when I was a young bloke.
Have had 2 x 1978 XC Ford Slantback Cobras, blue n white stripes ofcourse.

Had a Series 3 Blue AU Sedan SVO HP with a Windsor 5 litre High Performance Special Vehicle order motor put into it from factory. It was around 260 kwatts n had a handbuilt USA Mustang Cobra Ford motor in it. Fastest Ford I have ever driven. It ran 13.5 second quarters straight from the factory. (Had a mate working at VIC Ford who did a special build for me and I had to slip him a chunk of cash to get it past management and it was built on the SVO line, same as Police persuit and some GT stuff of the time etc. He told the boys at FORD his boss wanted a special build for one of the Managers upstairs and it breezed down the line with ease til it got to the motor line, and he pulled a bigtime swifty with the parts guys to get the crated motor out of them.lol)

*I am currently doing up a RED '06 BA Wagon which was a leftover work wagon for my security business. I have owned this car since brand new so I am just in the process of getting it fully detailed, new carpet just to make it fresh, new sheepskins for the seats all round in black/charcoal etc, putting a power bulge XR8 bonnet on it, a sports exhaust, just did full brake package the other day, and am putting a set XR8 rims on it I have with all new rubber. Going to make it real sporty looking in its already nice RED colour. Got some custom plates done for it the other week.

Basically, I am making what FORD would have made had they have put out a XR8 Wagon, looks wise.
The current 195 kilowatt motor is already a screamer and goes well past the 200 kilometere per hour mark with its factory tall diff, but I am going to get a chip done, and this will be my pinball delivery/pick up vehicle cause it can tow anything really and its a nice driver that is a quick car with plenty of grunt.

Will add some pictures this next few weeks/month when she is finished.

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !