Author Topic: A very Shiny Swords Of Fury  (Read 5380 times)

Offline beaky

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
A very Shiny Swords Of Fury
« on: March 19, 2009, 06:15:46 PM »
Hi guys.
here are some pics of my Swords of Fury after a quick coat of wax on the playfield (buffed with a Cloth), and only 1 coat of wax on the cabinet (using a low speed electric car buffer).
the pics of the cabinet were taken without a flash.

On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
Re: A very Shiny Swords Of Fury
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 06:19:16 PM »
pic of PF missing
 @.@

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 06:20:49 PM »
i am adding them as i go
On site pinball repairs in MELBOURNE NTH SUBURBS  : Circuit board repairs and refurbishing Australia wide (via Aust post)

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 06:23:47 PM »
and  more

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
and one more

Offline MartyJ

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 06:27:07 PM »
WOW!     ^^^

That looks mint!

Nothing left to do except play!

No wonder MM wanted it so much.... :lol

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 06:38:16 PM »
I stil have a cracked ramp to fix and decals to replace.
then depending how the milar comes up after the novus treatment is done i may be removing it and giving it a clear coat.
+ i will be painting the inside of the cabinet black. and polishing the metal work inside the head board.
But i must admit it is in extremly good condition for a 21 year old machine.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:01:27 PM by Beaky »

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »
I stil have a ramp to fix and decals to replace.
then depending how the milar comes up after the novus treatment in done i may be removing it and giving it a clear coat.
+ i will be painting the inside of the cabinet black. and polishing the metal work inside the head board.

I've got a similar issue with my Police Force....I'm too scared to remove the mylar as an late 80's Sys11b games...
I have some very slight bubbling on some inserts...Does not really effect game play to bad though..But the mylar is a little dull too.  I've given it a little go over with Novus but could not get that nice shine...After much thought I've invested in a kit from Treasure-Cove from Allen who gets some great results..

When it arrives I'll post some before / after shots for everyone's viewing...

Offline beaky

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne, Vic
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 07:00:11 PM »
if the bubbles are only on the inserts get you self a new set of insert decals, cut out the mylar over inserts + remove the old decals and stick on your new decals and hey presto no more bubbles.
make sure you get the high quality ones that don't need mylar or clear coat over them.
I have done this once before and it worked a treat.
 if you do remove the mylar you will need new decals for the inserts. one trick i have found handy is to put on the decals after you have clear coated it and the clear coat has cured properly, (leave it a few weeks) then if the decals do bubble again you can just peel them off and put on new ones with out recoating your playfield with clear coat.
here is a link i have found which is very handy if you want to remove your mylar. they use a product called goo gone which you can't buy in austrlia but can get on ebay from america.(http://pinball.flippers.info/mylarremoval.asp)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 07:04:39 PM by Beaky »

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 07:43:51 PM »
This has come up great so far - if I was doing it up I would definitely do something about the decals as they do detract from the overall look.

Marty Machine

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »
Yep, she's a CLEAN Machine.

One of the most regular comments i heard (when talking about that SOF) was "That's a really clean pin, looks like it's new".

Sorry about cracking the ramp too, it was probably me ;-)

MM.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 08:31:06 PM »

A very nice game - that more than one member on this site was interested at one time  #@#

A credit to Andy who did this machine - I was SUPER impressed when I played it.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline MartyJ

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 08:58:47 PM »
I cannot believe I missed it...I love my Sys 11's....

Great work from Mark's crew as usual..

if the bubbles are only on the inserts get you self a new set of insert decals, cut out the mylar over inserts + remove the old decals and stick on your new decals and hey presto no more bubbles.
make sure you get the high quality ones that don't need mylar or clear coat over them.
I have done this once before and it worked a treat.
 if you do remove the mylar you will need new decals for the inserts. one trick i have found handy is to put on the decals after you have clear coated it and the clear coat has cured properly, (leave it a few weeks) then if the decals do bubble again you can just peel them off and put on new ones with out recoating your playfield with clear coat.
here is a link i have found which is very handy if you want to remove your mylar. they use a product called goo gone which you can't buy in austrlia but can get on ebay from america.(http://pinball.flippers.info/mylarremoval.asp)

I saw this is how Chris Hutchins did a Funhouse I think...  I'm still yet to tackle CC a playfield...I've gotten over the hurdles of playfield removal, PCB repair next will be cab decals...I'm thinking about doing a quick course on airbrushing too...They is a guy who runs one in Thomastown...I've talked my spray painter mate into teaching me clearing (basics) but will take a long time to master...

How long have you been clearing your's for?  Any hurdles or tips...

Offline Extra Ball

• Read-Only
  • Forum Posts:
  • Newcastle
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:11 PM »
bloody nice  *%*

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts: