Author Topic: A very Shiny Swords Of Fury  (Read 5380 times)

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
Re: A very Shiny Swords Of Fury
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2009, 11:52:46 AM »
I,ve noticed that a lot of companys don't bother with the older pins, they walk you through there warehouse with big smiles on there faces, so proud of there collection of "90's" pins. but didn't the mainsteam pinball industry crash and burn in the late 90's? You ask them do you have a bally lost world or paragon of even a black knight (1980). and there reply is we don't bother the older pins, there is to much work involved in getting them up to scratch. And they call them selves pin enthusiasts! They aren't even intrested in playing the pins they have in stock.I understand there views from a buisness point of view, but still it would be nice to see them with one or two oldies on there floor. My eldest son's school mates would brag about how they have a batman or spiderman pinball and how much better they are then his dads old sof or fire. They come around to play it so they can bag him about the old pins, then you see the look on there faces when they play them and the coments they make, "oh thats sick" one of them said and my son had to nearly pry him off the pin when his mate had to go home.
Long live the older pins which i say is are a piece of our history.   

That's very true, and I'm pleased to hear your passion for the older pinballs.

DMDs are very pretty games with lots of bells and whistles, but they hardly have the character of the oldies like Paragon etc. I have two DMDs (CV and JP) and they look awesome and play well. But I ALWAYS go back to Paragon. That's because I grew up with these machines.

It is hard to import these olders pins - and that's purely a Business decision. In addition - it also depends on what market the dealer wants to sell into. You are right - It takes longer to get the oldies "up to standard", and most dealers are not interested in spending the time or resources.

A Medieval Madness and a Strikes and Spares take up the same amount of space in a container. One has a high return on investment, the other does not.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia