Author Topic: When it rains it pours  (Read 389 times)

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
When it rains it pours
« on: February 08, 2010, 04:06:04 AM »
Ok so upon returning from my amazing trip to the USA in mid december these are the things (tiny in comparison to people with real problems but sometimes its nice to vent) that have gone wrong:

- I return to work only to find that i have been made redundant as they decided to replace me whilst i was away. No worries though, i came back with some money though i really did like that job.
- Awaiting my return was my insurance, rego and two phone bills that pretty much drained me of any tangible cash. (I have no credit cards as im still a student.)
- Within a week my TV, Xbox 360 both fail (out of warranty) and my car begins to slowly fall apart and requires repair.
- A machine i put a deposit on some time ago is finally ready (after nearly 8 months) so i somehow had to scab a lone off the parents (not happy.)
- I crawl back to a former job that i hated originally and they rehire me on the 21/12. However due to them not being able to organise themselves out of a paper bag - my first shift is the 2/2, so i have over a month of doing nothing with my life.

So everythign i had worked so hard to save (on a salary of $203 a week) all seemed to go. I am jobhunting like crazy to get myself out of my current job as it is so depressing it nearly brings me to tears, but simply put i cannot afford to be unemployed and before this current stint i had never been out of work for more than a week. Im sleeping about 2 hours a night and have become pretty average company to have.

Just goes to show when you think you have everything under control these little things just come along to slap you in the face and remind you that things are never quite as simple and easy as they may seem.

O well, its 3am and i have jobs to scan on seek.

Goodnight,
Steve

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:23:51 AM by RaptorLawyer »
Kill each-other nicely please.

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
Re: When it rains it pours
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:01:15 AM »
It does sound like an unhappy run of events.

But you do have pretty positive attitude so I think you will be OK!

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:42:20 AM »
I remember back to the student days, times between jobs, everything you wrote reminded me of those times. Selling guitars to make ends met (oh boy, gotta get the Gibson back one day!! Just glad my dad stopped me selling that Maton back then). Finding money just to get petrol in the tank.

It'll pass - and you'll learn a lot and be stronger for it, so chin up.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »

I remember those days as well. I was made redundant from my first and second jobs - while I was living at home. I just "hit the books hard" and slowly worked my way into a position where I could find a better job. That was 15 years ago. You DO find a way out of these challenges of life.

Just wait for that lucky break. It will come.
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ajlaird

• Forum Posts:
  • Greensborough, Melbourne
  • Go Ahead, Make My Day
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 09:57:28 AM »
Running out of petrol because you didn't get paid until the next day...

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 05:27:35 PM »
Steve, you are too smart to earn $200 a week.
Go and see a good recruiting agency, update your resume, and ask for a job that pays double than what others your age are getting. Get into a sales style position that pays on performance, not age. Your personality will earn you big money. If you think you are worth more, the person sitting accross the desk will feel the same way.

When i was 18 - 20 yrs old, i did exactly what i said above. I earnt twice as much as my mates did, and i was in different sales jobs that paid good money for getting the boss the numbers he wanted. Sales jobs always pay well if you perform. Sales jobs always have interesting people with interesting ideas. AND the bonus is, that some hot girls work in Sales as well.  &&

Most of my life i have been self employed in a sales or performance style industry, cause i refused to earn what most other people did.
You are a switched on guy Steve, dont worry mate, i know 2010 will be a bloody great year for you. No guts, no glory. Go hard i say.  ^^^

ohh, last thing, when something shitty happens, say "is that the best you can do to stop me, yehh right, not even close".
Have fun.  ^^^ ^^^ ^^^

Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »
Running out of petrol because you didn't get paid until the next day...

Driving down the Melbourne road on the tail of a truck trying to keep being sucked along as the gauge has read below empty for 25 km already.. ..
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline RaptorLawyer

• Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
    • Sekured custom sneakers
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 08:28:34 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys and im glad many of you can relate, as i have said it isnt anything huge by just a series of frustrations one after the other that feel like a giant kick in the groin!

Anywho, time to apply for some more work now i have my new uni timetable!!
Kill each-other nicely please.