Author Topic: Bloody Bank  (Read 498 times)

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
Bloody Bank
« on: June 06, 2010, 02:48:18 PM »
So I went to use my eftpos/credit card at my banks ATM yesterday and it just gobbled it up without asking me to enter my PIN. The bank reckons if they can't recover the card from the ATM they have to issue both my wife and I with a new credit card/eftpos card with new numbers as our existing cards will be classified as lost. More like "lost by the bank". That means I have to notify the 6 million institutions that direct debit our accounts that our accounts have changed. Great customer service. All this hassle now and it's all the banks fault. And they wonder why we treat them with contempt.

!!@ ^.^ !*!

Any suggestions on how to deal with this? My plan is to say "If you can't issue a replacement card I will close all our accounts and go to Bank X". I might as well as it's the same hassle as what they are suggesting.

Offline pinnies4me

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Victoria
Re: Bloody Bank
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »
It might be possible that they intend replacing just the card, without affecting the underlying account? If so, it won't be too much hassle, and much like the usual every one or two year new card they provide. Worth asking.
“If you wanna escape, go up to a pinball machine. There’s a magic button on the front that takes you to a world under the glass and makes the the rest of the universe disappear.”

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 04:13:13 PM »
Already asked them that. The card would be considered lost and therefore requires a new account as lost cards cannot be reused.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 05:02:09 PM »

Why can't the lazy bastards just open the machine and retrieve the card ? They "lst" the card - Technically - they have "stolen" the card.

Got to be an easier way..
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:37:28 PM »
Banks are a Joke we have to pay all these fees for services we dont really need just to spend our own hard earned money they should not be allowed to profit of our own money

Offline v8racefan

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Gold Coast Queensland
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2010, 07:43:26 PM »
I've had an ATM eat a card, best option is to have the closest branch retrive the card from the machine. May take a few days to recover but its the best option in my opinion.
Pinballs in my collection Elvira, Stern Grand Prix, Bally Corvette, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Judge Dredd, Black Rose and Data East Guns n Roses.

Offline faza

• Forum Posts:
  • Sydney
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2010, 08:11:12 PM »
It happened to me once using a credit union card at westpac i went in there the next day, they had my card intact and told me they had to destroy it i abused the shit out of them eventually they gave it back to me as i also had a account with westpac and could prove my identity.

Good luck

Offline 48

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2010, 01:02:58 AM »
Another option, Don't use ATM's.
I have a thing against them, one of the first ones, in around '82 didn't give me the $40 it said it did.
Went into the branch, they told me bad luck.
Chopped up the card, closed accounts changed banks.
I not used an ATM since, nor do I have a debit card.

BTW $40 was still worth a bit then %.%
Lets go Brandon!

Offline Mr Pinbologist

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Wauchope NSW
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2010, 09:14:19 AM »
Another option, Don't use ATM's.
I have a thing against them, one of the first ones, in around '82 didn't give me the $40 it said it did.
Went into the branch, they told me bad luck.
Chopped up the card, closed accounts changed banks.
I not used an ATM since, nor do I have a debit card.

BTW $40 was still worth a bit then %.%

+1. I have never used an ATM, and never will.. i do not trust the f@#kn things  *.* *.*  There is the issue stated above, where they dont always give the money you requested, as well as the ATM eating your card. Then there is also the worry of scammers getting your card details that we've all heard about in the news from using ATMs. My motto is have cash on hand at all times (if possible.. yeah right) :lol

Offline Creech

• Forum Founder
  • Forum Posts:
  • Adelaide
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2010, 11:59:38 AM »
I rang them again this morning. Apparently my branch has retrieved the card and I can go pick it up with photo id. Apparently heaps of people got stung by the same ATM on the weekend. Won't be using that machine again!

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 12:14:09 PM »
I only ever use bank & credit uninon ATMs - not the generic 'no name' ones as I don't trust them at all. Touch wood (head?) I haven't had any problems but I certainly am wary of them.....
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline 48

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 03:49:05 PM »

+1. I have never used an ATM, and never will.. i do not trust the f@#kn things  *.* *.*  There is the issue stated above, where they dont always give the money you requested, as well as the ATM eating your card. Then there is also the worry of scammers getting your card details that we've all heard about in the news from using ATMs. My motto is have cash on hand at all times (if possible.. yeah right) :lol

So its not just me getting old and cynical  :lol 
Most of the apprentices say I am.
Alright till you get bit I suppose
Lets go Brandon!

Offline ddstoys

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Geelong
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 04:56:32 PM »
When i used to run the BP servo i had to manage the ATM aswell (Fill it with cash and balance it everyday) And they are very clever machines only times we ever had issues with incorrect money being handed out we always found the money inside the machine as a rejected Note.    We did have a manager before me who inserted the $50 canister into the $20 slot and i can tell you no one complained about the money taken out that day except that manager LOL.

Funniest thing was when customers would come up and say the machine has taken there card only to find out that the card never leaves there hand LMFAO  %.%