Author Topic: WTF Carbon Tax and Illegal Boats everyday !  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
WTF Carbon Tax and Illegal Boats everyday !
« on: June 30, 2012, 11:24:20 AM »
I have asked Nino if he could clean up the other thread (Stern $49 or $70 a week etc) and move all the info about carbon tax and finance etc over to this thread.

It seems the carbon tax is upon us all and I feel the ramifications are going to be alot worse than people currently think. Already, the price of everything has started to rise towards 10 and 25 percent. Electricity bills, food, petrol, almost everything we all use everyday to live with the basics.
The government has said it will only cost Australians 0.30 percent (a third of 1 percent only) per annum on their normal hosehold bills, but then the Labor Government says that its income for its latest budget will recieve an additional 12 percent income of gross domestic product because of the carbon tax. This is where the rip off starts. You cant say you will increase your earnings by 12 percent and say its only going to cost people 0.30 percent. Who is paying the extra 11.7 percent.

Then u have the Illegal Boats arriving everyday. What a mess. Johnny Howard use to turn the boats around with the Navy etc, and those who slipped thru into our Australian waters were taken to Naruu, then locked up for a while, then 93 percent were sent home according to the liberal party. Smart move I say.

Now, we have something like a extra 40,000 illegals arriving every year via boat with the labor government allowing most to come in under humanitarian grounds ? BUT, the problem for Australia, the way I see it, is that we will become a third world country ourselves soon if we keep allowing in third world people who cant write, speak or understand basic english. How will they get jobs without these basic requirements to live in our country ?
A recent survey was done by the Australia government of 10,000 illegal people who were given refugee status from 7 yrs ago, and it was found that over 93percent were still on Australian welfare(dole) 7 years later with almost 87percent living in tax payer funded housing commission. Crazy.  Legal immigration is the answer and people shld line up with everyone else who is legally doing the right thing and doing it thru the normal channels. Almost 200,000 people come here every year legally.
Should people who come on the boats get special treatment and be able to jump the queue ?

Now, the politicians cant work out a soloution and the whole thing is a big mess.
Add the carbon tax in, the illegal immigrant debacle, the Euro zone going bankrupt, a very slow economy worldwide, and it makes u think that things will get alot worse before they get better.

I am wondering what all of this means for pinball prices both new Sterns and current 2nd hand pinball machines for the next 12 to 24 months. It seems that 2nd hand prices are still way down compared to say 4 years ago etc, before the GFC.
Stern pricing for the PRO is excellent, with the LE pricing a bit too high at $9300 ? Any opinions here ?

Does anyone have an opinion about the carbon tax, illegal boats and general economic outlook ?
Does anyone else think a Liberal Government who has promised to scrap the carbon tax and Illegal boats are the answer.

Its your country. Have your say !  ^^^  
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:34:59 AM by Caveoftreasures »
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline GORGAR 1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • BROOKFIELD-MELBOURNE
Re: WTF Carbon Tax and Illegal Boats everyday !
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 11:26:55 AM »
We should be turning the bloody boats around that's it turn them around we are way to soft here and it will cost us in the future.

Peter

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:28:21 AM »
All I can say is BRING ON THE ELECTION!!!
 *%*
" It's not the right time to be sober, now the idiots are taking over"

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2012, 11:42:37 AM »
All I can say is BRING ON THE ELECTION!!!
 *%*

Will be an absolute landslide...

Gillard promised NO carbon tax.. then she made a deal with the greens to gain power.. this is a woman who chose no children but career instead.. who stabbed her own leader in the back to become leader and then compromised a core promise to fulfill her own desires. She only has 1 aim.. herself and she will go down as THE MOST UNPOPULAR PM ever.

Quicker she goes, the better for all of us

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
The Labor party seems to be in denial about just how soundly and completely they will be hurled from Government - it wouldn't surprise me if there isn't a single one of them still in office after the next election..

Just how thick are they???
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline Pop Bumper Pete

• Forum Posts:
  • Ballarat
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2012, 11:56:05 AM »
Queen Julia rocks
Do you guys really think Tony will be any better?

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
Queen Julia rocks
Do you guys really think Tony will be any better?

*%*

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2012, 12:05:50 PM »
Turnbull will be there sooner or later and there is a good chance of another leadership challenge against juliar before we go to the polls.
QLD election results are often used as a guideline to up-comming federal elections.
I'm sick of Labor wasting $$$, they do it every time they get in power, every time and this current mob are are just so out of touch it isn't funny. I can't wait, election days are great..you get to have your say and there are $2 snags in bread with sauce and $1 cans of drink at the local school/ polling both....sweeeeet!!!
+ this year we got to kick out a useless overspend , wasteful and reactive govt... #*# Brilliant!!
Bring on the next one, I love Election Days!!

Offline goodolddays

• Forum Posts:
  • Riverstone NSW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 12:19:28 PM »
While we're at it next Federal election , turf out all the Greens as well .
As much as Juliar must go , the Greens are equally as bad and are the root cause of why we are welcoming illegal immigrants with open arms and about to be royally screwed with a Carbon Tax (with GST on top !) that we can't afford, don't need , and will do zip to reverse so called climate change whilst costing us all dearly.
I need more room ! and more $$$

Offline Cow Corner

• Forum Posts:
  • Brisbane
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 12:30:32 PM »
While we're at it next Federal election , turf out all the Greens as well .
As much as Juliar must go , the Greens are equally as bad and are the root cause of why we are welcoming illegal immigrants with open arms and about to be royally screwed with a Carbon Tax (with GST on top !) that we can't afford, don't need , and will do zip to reverse so called climate change whilst costing us all dearly.
*%*
Yep they are in cahoots and will fall just like they fell with labor in the qld election.
 *%*

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 12:53:08 PM »
Simple - It is a Labor Government. Also a Government that was not elected by the people.

How to solve the Boat Problem ? Ask John Howard. He stopped them and the senseless deaths that became of them. At the moment, Gillard has blood on her hands. I can't wait until she is booted out, or the inevitable labor backstabber will force her out before the election.

Tony Abbott ? Don't care if it was Humphrey B Bear leading the Liberal Party. ANYONE is better than Juliar Gillard and her cronies.

Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2012, 12:58:59 PM »
Yes it makes u wonder how Julia Gillard was allowed to govern and elected by 3 x independant MP's and not by 23 million Australians.

Even Barrack Obama - USA President said anyone initiating a carbon tax in this economic climate was "Brave".
I think he meant to say brave meant "political suicide" but was polite by saying brave.lol

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2012, 01:36:11 PM »
I can see the Sunday night news now........big ar$e red monster strutting about saying something like "see , day one of the Carbon DIOXIDE Tax and the World didnt end Tony" ( as though it was EVER going to have a BIG impact on THE DAY of its introduction  !!@ ) and she will thinks thats her job done. She will carry on brazenly and arrogantly like there was NO BUMP on Sunday.......well just give it a F&*CKIN year !

Well JUST WAIT people - this thing is BAD

My mate deals with IGA supermarkets , so does my sister in her business.
My mate sells em shelving / stands......so the other day one of the IGA guys gets his 3 freezers serviced ( re-gassed ) - the tradie gives him the bill for $10,300....a lot huh  !@#........well , had he had got this job done after 1/7/12 the SAME JOB was going to be OVER 60 THOUSAND DOLLARS..........go and read up on the price of fridge and A/C gasses under this carbon tax people and see how price per cubic(?) is about to be affected.

Thats ONE THING.

See the brick industry last week ( that is ONE material that feeds into houses - and they are going up double ++ )- just add all the other bits and then see WHO is going to build property.

We didnt vote for this COW , we didnt vote for this TAX and the homo that it was designed for has now buggered off anyway - what a joke WE ALL ARE.

NO- ONE has confidence under these FOOLS - my sisters business is in removals - they deal with real estates.....the RE industry is telling her NO- ONE is buying 'shops' anymore - its at a dead stop .....my mate at work has 3 small stores in a semi rural Sydney town, he is landlord, his tennants are defaulting on rent due to lack of business, when THEY leave or get kicked out he TOO says who the hell is going to rent the shop space- and he knows.......nobody.

Oh and the boats - the boats ........OMG - even Graham Richardson the BIGGEST LABOUR MAN in HISTORY said on 2GB 2 weeks ago ( before the latest DEATHS that Julia has caused ) - that he has no idea WHAT tis party is doing about the boats and that he thinks they are UTTERLY UTTERLY hopeless on this issue - a more rock solid labour die-hard you would NEVER find and HE says this !

NEVER in my life have I seen such a disastrous government- EVER.
Never in my life have I heard various people saying that they believe there will be a political assassination in this country , talk like that simply never used to go on, now it does - THATS the level she has this place at.

Tony Abbot - the dead set CHAMPION has put papers in place this week that state they WILL repeal this Carbon DIOXIDE Tax on the first day they get into power - and that process takes a month......how MUCH damage will be done by then but.

DW Drums rule !

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »
well said Wotto, well said.

save every cent everyone, because the down hill run has just began, and this roller coaster is going down hill, very down hill i reckon. it wont come back up before it badly crashes off the rails.

i bet a million bucks there is 1 x million people in capital cities before too long waving placards wanting juliars head on a stick !  

Offline Retropin

• Forum Posts:
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2012, 01:57:14 PM »
i bet a million bucks there is 1 x million people in capital cities before too long waving placards wanting juliars head on a stick !

Ill look forward to that... Australians on the whole are very placid when it comes to their governments.. LOl - In the UK we are quite used to taking to the streets to demand peoples heads... few hundred years back you could go to the Tower of London and see them lined up on poles... we are a bit tamer these days, but essentially.. heads do roll!

I welcome with open arms the day average Australians take to the streets to voice discontent instead of sitting back, taking it on the chin and saying " well.. it could be worse.. thank god your not in".... Indonesia, Sudan or some other non relevant country... yep.. could be worse but it could also be SO much better... hang about!!1..It WAS so much better! ( 10 years ago)