Author Topic: Look at my BALLS! Have a look at just how much work!  (Read 16389 times)

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
How good are they, what do they cost, and how long do you have to wait for them.  Then as Cavey adds, some of us would factor in, or not, support of a local; even if their business is off-shore.

...It doesn't matter if a Chinese person or an American person polished your balls.  

Patriotism ends at my hip pocket, just ask AMD.  #@#

Here are 12 boxes of Homepin Premium balls with 336 balls per box = 4032 Premium balls ready to ship out.

How much for a full box at wholesale plus shipping to AU?

Not for resale, personal consumption.

Shipping on their own is completely out of the question. As part of an existing container sure, they are simply too heavy to send as a consignment on their own to be cost effective.

Anyone wanting large quantities would be best served by talking to Nino or Tony or John and do a deal.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinsanity

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Forum Posts:
How good are they, what do they cost, and how long do you have to wait for them.  Then as Cavey adds, some of us would factor in, or not, support of a local; even if their business is off-shore.

...It doesn't matter if a Chinese person or an American person polished your balls.  

Here are 12 boxes of Homepin Premium balls with 336 balls per box = 4032 Premium balls ready to ship out.

Shipping on their own is completely out of the question. As part of an existing container sure, they are simply too heavy to send as a consignment on their own to be cost effective.

Anyone wanting large quantities would be best served by talking to Nino or Tony or John and do a deal.

No problems, I have the ability to do an LCL consignment from China but in reality it just isn't worth the potential saving and paperwork involved.

I really just wanted to clarify that those claiming to be making bulk purchases (>200 balls) directly from you are most likely unfamiliar with the logistics involved, the realities of the supply chain and pre-existing commercial agreements on a local level.

As suggested, I will contact Strangeways (RTBB) for pricing on a bulk order instead.

Offline Strangeways

• Pinball Restoration is my passion
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+9)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • ABN 68 283 634 461
    • Ride The Boney Beast

No problems, I have the ability to do an LCL consignment from China but in reality it just isn't worth the potential saving and paperwork involved.

I really just wanted to clarify that those claiming to be making bulk purchases (>200 balls) directly from you are most likely unfamiliar with the logistics involved, the realities of the supply chain and pre-existing commercial agreements on a local level.

As suggested, I will contact Strangeways (RTBB) for pricing on a bulk order instead.

Happy to help out in regard to your requirements. PM for details  ^^^
Aussie Pinball - Proud to be Australia's Premier Pinball Forum

http://www.australianpinballrestorations.com.au/

http://www.rtbb.com.au/catalog/

We carry the largest range of NEW Ramps in Australia

Offline pinball god

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Wholesalers/manufacturers need to look after their distributors regardless of what quantities a consumer wants otherwise enjoy retail work in dealing with the hardball idiot end user one can find from time to time. Mike has found some in the past and I am sure he'd be happy for someone else to deal with that market as well as him being loyal and true to his word to his distributors
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
It's great Mike has distributors in Australia.
The shipping point made is correct, the weight of the balls in large quantity are only cost effective via seafreight in a shared container.

The last time I bought a few hundred balls from Melb, they got delivered by TNT and dropped at a semi trailer depot and picked up from the depot cause any other way is too expensive.

Supporting Mike and his dealers to me is the most important part of it all.
Playing my pins n seeing good quality balls supplied from a friend would add happiness to the playing experience.
It's only a small thing but sometimes the small things count the most.
Well done Mike and Nino on supplying n stocking this product.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline Homepin

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Forum Posts:
  • Not a business - A Passion!
Brett, I have arranged a special deal for you through one of my Homepin parts distributors for one box of balls. They will be in Brisbane in about a month and, at this stage, are reserved for you.

Please do not feel obligated to take them by any means as they will sell to others if you change your mind.

I will forward more details to you when they arrive.

The shipping point made is correct, the weight of the balls in large quantity are only cost effective via seafreight in a shared container.

The last time I bought a few hundred balls from Melb, they got delivered by TNT and dropped at a semi trailer depot and picked up from the depot cause any other way is too expensive.

Playing my pins n seeing good quality balls supplied from a friend would add happiness to the playing experience.
Replacement Pinball PCBs that remain faithful to the originals

Offline pinball god

• High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Melbourne
  • Metallica is here to stay
Are you saying me putting all my worn out pinball stuff into a tumbler and selling them as new is not the right thing to do? What about using pcb cleaners and selling boards as nos, is that ok  #@# Next they'll bring out a law in which its illegal to wind back your speedo or re-groove car tyres. What's the world coming to I say .

Burying your wife in the back yard and not telling anyone; that's ok right? If not I may have to re-think things  <.>
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 10:53:31 AM by pinball god »
Still loving my Metallica Premium

Offline andypinboy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW
Are you saying me putting all my worn out pinball stuff into a tumbler and selling them as new is not the right thing to do? What about using pcb cleaners and selling boards as nos, is that ok  #@# Next they'll bring out a law in which its illegal to wind back your speedo or re-groove car tyres. What's the world coming to I say .

Burying your wife in the back yard and not telling anyone; that's ok right? If not I may have to re-think things  <.>

He - "I used to love her but I had to kill her". Sure that's fine!  I'm interested to see what the Pearls actually retail for in Oz.

And good to see the "bulk order direct from China" idea put to bed with use of sanity.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 11:20:58 AM by andypinboy »
I enjoy Porsche, Gibson LPs, Bally-Williams & learning about pinball maintenance & restoration.

Offline Slash

• Forum Posts:

He - "I used to love her but I had to kill her".

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Happy to help out in regard to your requirements. PM for details  ^^^

Thanks Strangeways.

I know you will be able to come up with something special pricewise.

Will contact shortly.  ^^^

Are you saying me putting all my worn out pinball stuff into a tumbler and selling them as new is not the right thing to do? What about using pcb cleaners and selling boards as nos, is that ok  #@# Next they'll bring out a law in which its illegal to wind back your speedo or re-groove car tyres. What's the world coming to I say .

Burying your wife in the back yard and not telling anyone; that's ok right? If not I may have to re-think things  <.>

He - "I used to love her but I had to kill her". Sure that's fine!  I'm interested to see what the Pearls actually retail for in Oz.

And good to see the "bulk order direct from China" idea put to bed with use of sanity.

ACDC should have done a cover of that song.  &&

Offline Caveoftreasures

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Forum Posts:
Brett, I have arranged a special deal for you through one of my Homepin parts distributors for one box of balls. They will be in Brisbane in about a month and, at this stage, are reserved for you.

Please do not feel obligated to take them by any means as they will sell to others if you change your mind.

I will forward more details to you when they arrive.

Thank you.
Behind every garage door could be a pinball collectors
"Cave of Treasures" 55 in my collection

Into  Stern -JJP - Cars , Road Bikes- Jet Skis - Star Trek n Sci-Fi & Electronics    
Beware of Stalkers & Walkers when playing The Walking Dead

My 7yr old son Hunter is my best mate in the world !

Offline pinsanity

• Forum Posts:
Some of this thread missed a the fundamental point.  It is irrelevant where the balls are made.  All that counts is "quality, cost and schedule".

How good are they, what do they cost, and how long do you have to wait for them. 

Since the product has now been recalled due to quality issues I'd say where they were manufactured has turned out to be extremely relevant.

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
Re: Pinball ball issues / recall ?
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2016, 09:58:33 AM »
more for the guys that bought these balls (Homepin brand), it has been brought up on Pinside very recently but couldn't find a announcement on here (AP) that these balls were recalled back in September last year but only from the distributors, so it seems not made public.

the reason I think people need to know is that an aussie recently discovered the balls started to flake and chip apart leaving metal flakes in the game which would damage the playfield and seems more so for games with magnets

So not to rub salt in wounds or rock the boat but it it means damage could be caused to you playfield, so if you have these maybe best to replace with another brand for the moment.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:00:05 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts

Offline Retropin

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Forum Posts:
Re: Pinball ball issues / recall ?
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2016, 10:22:42 AM »
more for the guys that bought these balls (Homepin brand), it has been brought up on Pinside very recently but couldn't find a announcement on here (AP) that these balls were recalled back in September last year but only from the distributors, so it seems not made public.

the reason I think people need to know is that an aussie recently discovered the balls started to flake and chip apart leaving metal flakes in the game which would damage the playfield and seems more so for games with magnets

So not to rub salt in wounds or rock the boat but it it means damage could be caused to you playfield, so if you have these maybe best to replace with another brand for the moment.

That's the Pearls.. the other type supplied magnetise if your game has magnets so again, not suitable for use

Offline swinks

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • High Score Initials:
  • Forum Posts:
  • Lake Macquarie, NSW
but if people don't know, then damage could happen, people just need to be informed
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 10:31:23 AM by swinks »
https://swinks.com.au

for pinball parts (reproduction & mods)
for pinball t-shirts