Author Topic: USA Travel Thread - The Bert and Wotto show begins - for anyone interested.....  (Read 12942 times)

Offline Wotto

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Forum Posts:
  • NSW Australia
Morning all

Caught the subway today to The Rockefeller Centre
The subway , as already stated, is busy at all times , however it is quite OK to navigate once you get your head around it all.

The Rockefeller is where they film the TODAY SHOW that you see the lunatics at the back of the camera shots at.

It is also the place you see in films and TV shows with the ice rink and ( in December ) the big Xmas tree.
We really wanted to see the ice rick ( or at least where it is when in season ) - in keeping with our brilliant NYC trip  - here it is when we visited .....
YEP - all covered up  ^.^

Oh - by the way - here is how we got to see the New York Stock Exchange Building the other day .....
YEP - all covered up  ^.^

And of course Liberty Island was closed so we couldnt go to the Statue of Liberty either  #@# #@# :lol !!!

Anyway - back to today........

I think The Top of The Rock gives MUCH better views of the city than the top of The Empire State Building
Here you can see looking downtown towards The Empire State and further on is the new Freedom Tower at the 911 site

This may give you an idea of the streets here from up top...

And here you can actually see Central Park and the distance we walked yesterday from the top of it way way way in the back of this photo.
ummmmmmm no wonder she had the sh*ts with me yesterday  &&

For any of you that know the Today Show filming that I am talking about - here is the spot where all the people stand - nothing glamourous really.

But of course we went there and waved like lunatics as well  @@*

We grabbed some lunch at Wendys Burgers - we entered the store and no joke there was around 6-8 lines of 20++ people deep at each line - they took orders and then sent EVERYONE ( think about the numbers ) to a small corner of the counter to await their order to be called - the people piling into the joint did not stop the entire time we were in there .......more craziness.

I found an EXCELLENT comic store and here is just part of it

We then walked to Grand Central Terminal and The New York Public Library before heading to do some shopping around the area.

This is on approach to the upper side of Grand Central

and a couple of shots from inside........today we note there is a very noticeable military presence , along with all the cops , at most of the popular places like this terminal and also at 34th Street and Penn Stations which are 2 quite large 'transfer' stations.....I am asuming it will be similar tonight at the Ice Hockey being held in Madison Square Garden

And this is the front of the NY City Library ........think Law & Order.....here I am being one of the lawyers walking down the steps - please note the similarity....

And an inside shot - I wanted to bust in , in a ghostbusters suit.

I was appreciating the architecture ..............

Kayla apparently was not.................

Finally - some random street shots - they love thier flags, most of which are ( if they are able to be ) flying at half mast this week.

SO MUCH business is just carried out on the footpath - you cannot walk a street without trolleys and deliveries happening mostly all along the footpath

and these food carts are on nearly every corner in some parts of town.

Off to the ice Hockey at 9am your time today.
Hope the Hansen Brothers are there !
DW Drums rule !